Saint Patrick's day music

7 Irish Songs You Need On Your Playlist For A Lucky St. Paddy's Day

No need to go to the end of the rainbow to find these pieces of Irish gold!

434
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87gWaABqGYs

Shamrocks, green clothes, leprechaun hats, and beer are well-known essentials for any Saint Patrick's day outing. But why did Irish music get left out of the mix? Here are 7 Irish songs that are a MUST for any luck-filled Saint Patrick's Day.

1. "Galway Girl"- Mundy

Traditional yet upbeat, this song is sure to have you breaking out your Irish jig.

2. "Galway Girl"- Ed Sheeran

Ed Sheeran's twist on Galway Girl makes for a modern, fun Irish influenced song to dance to all day. But don't forget your Guinness!

3. "Marie's Wedding"- The High Kings

If you're looking for a song that is full of pure Irish soul with a dash of romance, then this song is for you!

4. "The Parting Glass"- Celtic Woman

A beautiful Irish ballad that is not only going to give you all the feels, but is also a real piece of Irish history.

5. "Will Ye Go, Lassie Go?"- The Irish Tenors

Did someone say Irish opera? A light-hearted traditional song that will for sure have you saying 'yes, ye'll go.'

6. "Foggy Dew"- Sinead O’Connor and the Chieftains

If you need a break from the wild side of Saint Patrick's Day, then this somber song about the Easter Uprising is sure to mellow you out.

7. "Nancy Mulligan"- Ed Sheeran

To top off your playlist, this song written by Ed Sheeran on his grandparent's love story will have you ending Saint Patrick's Day on an uplifting, romantic note making you wish you had worn that "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" button!

Now go forth and enjoy St. Paddy's as your new Irish cultured self.