25 Songs I Would Sell My Soul To Hear Again For The First Time

25 of my absolute favorite songs that might help take the edge off your quarantine blues.

1566

Quarantine can leave us feeling bored and with a weight on our shoulders. Music is a huge relief when it comes to those feelings, and it helps us celebrate our highs and move past our lows. These are 25 songs that have done just that for me.

1. Ribs- Lorde

This song is such an anthem of our teenage years, and it still gives me chills every time I hear it.

2. Colours- Goth Babe

Goth Babe is an extremely underrated artist. His music feels like summer to me, and that's all we really need sometimes. "Colours" is one of my absolute favorite songs for days when I need a pick-me-up.

3. Me & You Together Song- The 1975

The 1975 have never disappointed me, and this song is one of their happiest. It is upbeat, fast-paced, and feels just warm and fuzzy enough to start your day right.

4. Sometimes It's Something, Sometimes It's Nothing At All- Passenger

Passenger makes some of the most soothing music I have ever heard, and this just further proves that. "Sometimes It's Something, Sometimes It's Nothing At All" narrates the feelings of love and loss, and it is such a calming acoustic tune.

5. Brightest Lights- Lane 8

Lane 8 is one of my favorite artists to just vibe to when I can't decide what to put on, or don't feel like deciding. "Brightest Lights" has a good, steady beat that builds, and if you are an EDM enthusiast like me this might be just what you're looking for.

6. Heavy With Hoping- Madeon

Madeon is one of my favorite electronic artists, and this song is on several of my playlists.

7. everything matters (when it comes to you)- San Holo

This. Song. There are no words for me to explain how much I love this one. Again, you can find this on a handful of my playlists, and this album as a whole is one of my go-tos.

8. Cry- Alison Wonderland

Alison Wonderland is another one of my favorite EDM artists, but this song is one that is also super accessible to audiences who don't generally go for EDM. "Cry" narrates the journey of developing feelings for someone.

9. Every Way- Rex Orange County

I would go back to the exact moment that I first heard this song if I could. This one has become close to my heart really fast, and it is such a heartfelt ballad that mostly anyone can relate to.

10. How Could I Have Known- Keaton Henson

I have turned to Keaton Henson's music for years when I was getting through some of my worst heartbreaks and sad times, and this song is so special to me. "How Could I Have Known" perfectly describes the feelings of reflecting on someone you loved, not having realized how special they were.

11. High- 5 Seconds of Summer

Off their latest album, "High" is easily one of my current favorite songs. It is about the feelings of not being good enough for someone, but loving them just the same.

12. golden thing- Cody Simpson

Honestly, I never gave Cody Simpson a shot because hearing his name just makes me think of stadiums filled with tween girls, but I discovered this song by accident one day through Spotify recommendations and it is now one of my favorites. "golden thing" is a ballad that simply feels like butterflies.

13. Hard Feelings/Loveless- Lorde

"Melodrama" is one of my favorite albums ever, and this song is one that never fails to bring tears to my eyes. "Hard Feelings" is the perfect tune for all of the feelings you get stuck with during heartbreak as you reflect on the past.

14. A Case of You- James Blake

This song reminds me of the feeling of pure bliss when you find someone who is on the same wavelength as you. It perfectly describes that feeling of being drunk on someone.

15. Angel- Jack Johnson

"Angel" is such a happy, heartwarming little tune, and is one of my favorites to listen to in the morning.

16. You & Jennifer- bulow

This is one of my FAVORITE songs and is such a good one for anyone who has been two-timed, lied to, or deceived by someone they love. It gets those angry feelings out.

17. Love Is Alive- Louis The Child, Elohim

I have never met anyone who doesn't like Louis the Child, and this is easily one of my favorite LTC songs.

18. Nice To See You- Vansire, FLOOR CRY

To me, this song just feels like opening the curtains on a sunny summer morning.

19. Driving to Hawaii- Summer Salt

This one sounds exactly how you would probably imagine it to sound. Summer Salt is well-loved and known for crafting tunes to perfectly capture the feelings and sounds of summer, and this one is a perfect example of that.

20. Old Lovers In Dressing Rooms- Keaton Henson

This song tells the story of lovers reconnecting years after parting ways, and the feeling of growing distant but still showing that intimacy in small ways after all those years.

21. You're The Only Good Thing In My Life- Cigarettes After Sex

Whether we admit it or not, we have all had dark times in our lives where we inadvertently ended up revolving our happiness around someone else. This song encaptures that perfectly while also steering away from the heaviness.

22. Cool With You- Her's

This is another one of my favorite songs to listen to in the morning to start the day off right. It is just such a versatile, feel-good song.

23. SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK- Joji

This is such a powerful song, and I can't be upset while listening to this one.

24. Falling- Harry Styles

This one hurts my heart in the best way possible, and I would truly give anything to listen to it for the first time again and feel that way one more time.

25. Cornelia Street- Taylor Swift

"Cornelia Street" is probably my favorite song off of Taylor's latest album. It has such a pure feeling of nostalgia mixed with vulnerability, and that is what makes it so striking. It details the feelings of never wanting a love to end, and appreciating all of the things that that love has brought to you and your life.

These songs have certainly brought more peace to my life, and quarantine experience, and I hope they can do that for you too.