Sometimes nothing can beat taking some time to unplug from the present and playback the past. Up next are 10 songs that belong on my childhood soundtrack.
1. "Two Princes" by Spin Doctors
Perhaps more than any other song, "Two Princes" captures '90s pop-rock at its best in my book.
2. "Float On" by Modest Mouse
The catchy rhythm of this "Modest Mouse" success was good enough to leave on repeat.
3. "Semi-Charmed Life" by Third Eye Blind
Listening to this '90s staple group was the only thing that got me through biology class.
4. "Torn" by Natalie Imbruglia
All my fantasized emotional struggles as a kid usually started with this song.
5. "Complicated" by Avril Lavigne
My favorite childhood song definitely deserves a spot on this list.
6. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana
No rebellious, "nobody understands me" phase is complete without some '90s grunge.
7. "All Star" by Smash Mouth
Whether it was because of "Shrek" or the many parodies of the lyrics, everyone knew the tune of this alternative hit.
8. "This Love" by Maroon 5
Before "Overexposed," "V," and "Hands All Over," there was "Songs About Jane."
9. "Since U Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson
Watching Kelly Clarkson go from the screen on "American Idol" to the radio was something I'm happy to say I witnessed.
10. "Upside Down" by Jack Johnson
The sing along acoustic style of the "Curious George" movie soundtrack was a bus-ride favorite back in the day, with "Upside Down" topping the album.