8 Of The Best Songs For Summer

8 Of The Best Songs To Bring In The Summer Warmth

...and kick out that seasonal depression!

86

It's so close to the end of the school year. It's time to drive around town with the windows down, music blasting, and hair blowing in the wind. These eight songs are perfect for this time of the year.

​​1. ​"Pink Tree" - Caye

If you have never heard of Caye before you might want to consider listening to his music after this song. He is a great rap artist that has an amazing voice too. The album cover says it all. "Pink Tree" is a perfect song to be listening anywhere by water in the sun. It will definitely have you feeling the warmth on summer on your skin.

2. "UCLA" - RL Grime

"UCLA" came out last summer but still remains as a perfect song for this upcoming summer. When listening to "UCLA," it's easy to imagine yourself soaking up the sun rays of Californa, laying out on Venice Beach. One of the greatest songs to get you in the mood for the heat.

3. "Smoke & Retribution" - Flume

The 2016 hit "Smoke & Retribution" from Flume has returned to make an even bigger hit in the spring of 2019. If you like EDM type of beats, this is a perfect song for you. This song will have you craving headbobbing with all of your friends all summer long.

4. "Summertime Magic" - Childish Gambino 

Of course, you can never go wrong with Childish Gambino. "Summertime Magic" gets your body swaying back and forth, dreaming of having someone be your summertime valentine. A great chill song that can get anybody ready for summer.

5. "Sucker" - Jonas Brothers

The Jonas Brothers really had to come back and hit everyone with such a great hit this spring. "Sucker" just proves why the Jonas Brothers will always be the best brother band out there. This song will for sure make you a sucker for those warm nights all summer long.

6. "Joyride" - Fallsteeze & Klanked Remix

At number six, a perfect song to roll the windows downs and turn the volume up. "Joyride" is not a song for everyone, but this is the song for you if you like a techno beat. It will definitely put you in the mood to blast it on those car speakers and make the mirrors shake while driving through town.

7. "Kids" - MGMT

Although the MGMT "Kids" music video isn't for everyone, the song has an amazing beat that everyone can love. This song is the definition of an oldie but a goodie. "Kids" will be a great choice for a summertime playlist that anybody can listen to in the warmth of the summer.

8. "Sunflower" - Post Malone

The last but definitely not the least, "Sunflower" by Post Malone made for the movie "Spider-Man Into The Spider-Verse." This song has it all! Whether you're spending the day at the beach or doing that annoying yardwork your parents always make you do, the beat is relaxing and very catchy. "Sunflower" needs to be on everyone's summer playlist. Even if you haven't seen the movie and would like to, I would advise not watching the music video it does include spoilers.