Sometimes Good Things Take Time To Find | The Odyssey Online

Sometimes Good Things Take Time To Find

Music is a good thing, y'all.

19
Sometimes Good Things Take Time To Find
Stock

Sometimes, you just need a song to set the mood of your day. Whether it’s a rainy day, a carefree beach day, a shopping-spree day that you really shouldn’t be spending money on, but YOLO (I'm sorry for using that term), or a cleaning-the-kitchen-dancing-around-in-socks day; there’s a song out there that is perfect. My Spotify playlists are full of songs that I've listened to once or twice and I'm saving for the perfect moment, but I've always had my go-to favorites. I absolutely love when people share their favorite songs with me. There’s a small part of me that wants to be the hipster friend that listens to music people have never heard of, so I'm attempting to build up my arsenal of pretentious music. Will I ever get there? Probably not--I have too many conventional tastes--but at least I’m trying, right?

Sometimes there are days that I just can't find the perfect song, and it takes me a long time to discover it. Those songs are like precious jewels to me. I can't listen to them everyday or they'll lose their specialness, like every mom's dusty china cabinet full of teacups used once in a blue moon. But when I feel like it's the right moment, I enjoy every minute of it!

Here are some of my perfect mood songs. Maybe they will help you find yours!

For Rainy Days

"The Hired Band" - The Strumbellas

This one is the perfect tune to play while you zone out, watch the rain out the window and sip your coffee.

"Time to Say Goodbye" - Twenty One Pilots

I love the combination of rap and classical music in this one...it's hard to explain. I like music that's hard to explain.

For Road Trip (windows down, sunglasses on) Days

"Mother We Just Can't Get Enough" - New Radicals

I first heard this song on Nicholas Sparks' "A Walk to Remember" movie soundtrack. I can't help but nod my head to the beat as soon as I hear the first note!

"Ink" - Coldplay

This song makes me want to chew bubblegum and wear red lipstick...Anyone else get that feeling?

For When I'm Feeling Dramatic

"Seventeen" - Heathers

THIS SONG. UGH. One day I will sing this song with someone. It's fate! This teen angst-filled power ballad is my number one choice for singing in the shower or into my hairbrush while putting makeup on...basically any time of day.

"Satisfied" - Hamilton

I am Angelica Schuyler. Angelica Schuyler is me.

For Carefree Days

"Bright" - Echosmith

"Days are good, and that's the way it should be." Enough said.

"Little Darling" - Lewis Watson

This song and day dreaming go hand in hand, don't they?

For When You're in Looooooooooove

"I Will Follow You into the Dark" - Death Cab for Cutie

An adorable 2000s classic.

"Can't Help Falling in Love," as covered by Twenty One Pilots

I don't think there is anyone on Earth that doesn't love this song! Heart eyes, indeed.

For When Ya Feel Like Dancing

"Fixin'"- Walk the Moon

If you like this song, check out Walk the Moon's "I Can Lift a Car", which is every bit as danceable and unique.

"Dance or Die (the Secret Handshake Han Valen Remix)" - Family Force 5

This song takes me back to being a super cool 12 year old. (That was sarcasm, BTW. But it's still a really catchy song).

Study Up (Instrumental music)

"Fairy Dance" - Peter Pan (2003)

This song oozes inspiration for creative writing.

"Blackbird" - The London Symphony Orchestra

This instrumental Beatles cover just makes my heart happy.

Heartbreak (for the times you just need to wallow)

"Last Kiss" - Taylor Swift

Ugh. T. Swift hitting me right in the feels with this one.

(^ Me.)

"I Can't Make You Love Me" as sung by Bon Iver

There ya go, making me cry again.

For When I'm Praising Jesus

As often as I can, I take time to thank the Lord for what He's done and praise Him because He is worthy.

"Real Love" - Hillsong Young and Free

...And sometimes I've gotta dance for joy.

Do you have a list of favorite songs? What moods do they put you in? Comment below so I can listen! Sharing is caring, people.

Thanks for reading, and happy listening!