Something I Wish More People Would Do: Read

Come Read About, the Wonderful World of Reading...

12

When you are in school, you are forced to read a huge number of books, and sometimes because the education system requires it, that is the very reason many children choose not to read. Yes, reading does help with your cognitive development and language skills, but sometimes schools don't choose novels that really appeal to the students. Which is terrible because then children don't always get to learn and see how amazing reading truly is.

Reading is truly a magnificent thing, your brain reads words off of a page and creates a virtual movie in your head! Reading can take you everywhere without you having to move an inch. I've backpacked all throughout Europe, went to space, visited mythical lands, and went back in time, while I was still nestled up on my couch.

Another truly wonderful thing about reading is that you can do it anywhere thanks to technological advancements, such as the Kindle, Nook and eBooks! You can read at home, on the bus, on a beach, during your lunch break, in a waiting room as well as many other places.

After a long day of school or work, I love nothing more than to curl up with a good book and a cup of tea, it's just so relaxing. When you need a break from the chaos known as life or the millions of thoughts racing through your brain, reading can help. Instead of dealing with your own things you become focused on the character's story, what they are doing, what they are thinking, who they are with. You can become completely immersed in their life, it truly is a beautiful thing. People write books about anything! There is something out there that you will enjoy, you just have to find it!

While I could sit here all day and rant about why reading is wonderful as well as why you should do it, I won't. So here is a list of books that I have created from recommendations made by me as well as my friends and family. I hope you find something to read.

1. Carry On By Rainbow Rowell (Young Adult, Fantasy, LGBTQ)

2. Stephanie Plum Series By Janet Evanovich (Adult, Action, Crime Solving)

3. Song of Achilles By Madeline Miller (Young Adult, Greek Mythology, LGBTQ, Romance)

4. Truly Devious By Maureen Johnson (Young Adult, Mystery, Thriller)

5. Percy Jackson Series By Rick Riordan (Young Adult, Adventure, Fantasy)

6. Ship It By Britta Lundin (Young Adult, Romance, Fiction)

7. We Were Liars By E. Lockhart (Young Adult, Mystery, Thriller)

8. Once and For All By Sarah Dessen (Young Adult, Romance)

9. The Hate U Give By Angie Thomas (Young Adult, Fiction)

10. The Maze Runner Series By James Dashner (Young Adult, Scientific Fiction)

11. Eleanor & Park By Rainbow Rowell (Young Adult, Romance)

12. Anna and The French Kiss By Stephanie Perkins (Young Adult, Romance)

13. To All The Boys I've Loved Before Series By Jenny Han (Young Adult, Romance, Fiction)

14. The Summer I Turned Pretty Series By Jenny Han (Young Adult, Fiction, Romance)

15. I'll Give You The Sun By Jandy Nelson (Young Adult, Fiction)

16. Love and Gelato By Jenna Evans Welch (Young Adult, Fiction, Romance)

17. Simon V.S. The Homosapien Agenda By Becky Albertalli (Young Adult, Coming of Age, Fiction, LGBTQ)

18. Stay Sweet By Siobhan Vivian (Young Adult, Romance, Fiction)

19. Turtles All The Way Down By John Green (Young Adult, Fiction)

20. Wonder By R.J. Palacio (Young Adult, Fiction)