How I Made $300 In 2 Months By Selling My Clothes On Curtsy

How I Made $300 In 2 Months By Selling My Unused Clothes On Curtsy

I literally post photos of clothes I don't use online and just wait to get the notification that someone bought something.

1831

Now, I know many people have written about this and how it works for them. But let me tell you my story and how this can actually work for you and can be a nice little side income. Think of this as a how-to.

When you first think of selling your clothes online you probably think of an app called Poshmark. Many people will rave about Poshmark but after exclusively using only Poshmark for two years and making just shy of $50 I was feeling discouraged.

I mean, my clothes were not ugly.

I have clothes from Free People, Pacsun, American Eagle, Reformation, and Target to name a few. And all of my clothes were common sizes and were in amazing condition some I hadn't even cut the tag off yet lol.

So, I scrolled through the App Store and saw this app called Curtsy. I had never heard of Curtsy before but I downloaded it and listed my clothes just for grins and giggles, not really expecting anything.

Within 1 week I had already made $50 which is the same amount I made in two years on Poshmark.

Now Curtsy is a game changer for me. They offer weekly deals on certain categories of clothing and they offer free shipping to buyers which Poshmark does not.

I have also found that buyers and sellers are nicer on Curtsy. That is just from personal experience. I have heard amazing things about Poshmark and I still use it to sell my clothes but I find that the $7 fixed shipping cost discourages potential buyers from offering or even buying.

I would recommend downloading multiple selling apps: Curtsy, Poshmark and Mercari.

Now, this is a lot of work on your end but you have a better chance of your items selling and selling quickly.

Here's how you do it:

1. Clean out your closet, accessories (hats, jewelry, bags) and shoes.

2. If there is anything name brand, in good condition or new with tags set it aside to sell. Be ruthless! If you haven't worn that item in the last year maybe it is time to move on.

3. Take LOTS of pictures of the item and give a good description.

4. List it for a reasonable price. Think: Would I pay this price for this item?

5. Then all you have to do is wait. If you haven't had any interest lower the price or give a discount to people who have 'loved' your item.

You will get an email telling you an item has sold and all you have to do is print out the prepaid shipping label, package it up and drop it off at the post office.

I usually use Amazon boxes or other boxes I get from online shopping.

You could also go to your local post office to get boxes for free but make sure that they match the postage that is paid for on the label otherwise you will have to upgrade the prepaid postage.

If you were to only choose 1 app to list your items on I would recommend Curtsy.

I have sold 15 items on it in the past two months, whereas I sold 5 on Poshmark and two on Mercari.

Also, all of these apps are free to download but they do charge a small processing fee on each sale.

Happy selling!