8 Reasons Not to Neglect Social Media Listening

Social Media

8

It's important to keep track of your target audience's online activity. You can use this information to your advantage. Here's eight reasons to not neglect social media listening.

1. So You Don't Miss Important Mentions

Don't neglect your customers. You need to respond as soon as they mention you. Social media listening helps you see their comments immediately, so you respond before they lose interest. They might keep returning to your page if they know you care.

2. To Keep the Conversation Going

Some trending topics remain popular for days, and online social listening helps you prevent conversations from dying an untimely death. This improves opportunity to reach people with relevant content links. During these interactions, you can find out what piques their interests. In the process, you can create series of relevant marketing posts instead of just a single pay-per-click ad.

3. To Capitalize on Hashtag Trends

One way to establish ongoing relationships with your social media audience is to use AI monitoring tools. Tracking hashtag trends helps you keep up with the changes. These integrate well with popular topics, and it keeps current event conversations going.

4. To Establish Branded Hashtags

Entertainment news and talk shows often do this. The Real, Entertainment Tonight or The Ellen Show are some that do. Hashtags also create "buzz" among viewers. You can keep your branded hashtags going indefinitely. It might even become a regular "Q&A" spot that your current and potential customers rely on for help. By the way, hashtags are excellent for when people need quick answers to frequently asked questions.

5. To Track Competitors

You don't want to "copy" your competitors. However, you can find out what works and doesn't work when representing an industry. Diligent, persistent online monitoring of multiple competitors gives you ideas. From these, however, you must establish your own identity.

6. For Reputation Management

Sometimes, dissatisfied customers make negative comments even if you tried your best to help them. You cannot always control that, but you can stop it from ruining your reputation. Use social media listening tools to diffuse complaints made by disgruntled fans.

7. Keep Up With Employee Activity

Social media can unite workers. They share experiences or express concerns. You also can reach them with relevant content. Social media listening helps you monitor conversations. Then, you can respond according to their concerns. It also helps you find out what fun activities your employees would most enjoy.

8. Don't Miss Influencer Opportunities

Monitoring all online social activity also makes you aware of influencer opportunities. This could lead to free promotion for you if they voluntarily share what you post. Additionally, it carves out promotional niches for you as they address their audiences with your marketing and non-marketing content. Don't miss opportunities by neglecting your potential customers.

NetBase Quid Social Media Listening Tools

NetBase Quid social listening tools provides online marketing campaign reports using a variety of data collection tools. Users can customize dashboards and concentrate on one or multiple social channels. Their online monitoring system also connect with voice and video listening features.