So it seems to be a New Year...

So it seems to be a New Year...

How is it already 2021?

12
So it seems to be a New Year...
https://covid-19archive.org/s/archive/item/19465

It is a complete understatement to say that 2020 was a pretty shitty year from a global pandemic that took millions of lives and continues to disrupt life but also large political tension across America. The whole year of 2020 was like being part of an endless dystopia teen novel that has a huge event take place every few pages. Too many people across the country and even the world has probably felt like this year is like groundhog's day ever since March. Being a 19/20 year old during this year has been quite interesting being as I started 2020 as a second-semester college freshman to an online student to an in-person sophomore. It has been a huge rollercoaster as I had not only had to deal with my higher education but also dealing with major anxiety with the virus, school, family, and political issues. This year was also the first year I could vote in the primary presential election, while added to not only my stress level but the need to educate myself every step of the way. To be completely honest at the beginning of 2020, so January, I was so excited to be back on campus and see all my new college friends since we had so many plans for the spring. I was planning stuff to do with my sorority and even planned to apply to study abroad over the summer. However, of course, we know where that lead as it seemed the whole world stopped at the beginning of March. To talk plainly it sucked everyone was stuck at home nowhere to go and no one to see. Since I was technically still in school my brain felt for three months like putty because I had to teach myself so much stuff that it felt like I was wasting my time and wasn't learning anything. I also noticed as my freshman year was pretty much over those three months from March to May I was not only full of anxiety but also I was depressed. I have never felt that was ever in my life that it terrified me and I kept on hoping for things to turn better and let me go back to OU come Spring. From March to August time passed so strangely because it didn't feel like spring ever ended or even summer even happen. Once August came around I was so excited to get back to some sort of 'normal' and see my roommates and revamp my schedule. I hated online school and all my friends despite it as well because it felt useless. Even though being back on campus was extremely different and I didn't meet many new people I saw my mental health improve and my anxiety disappear. Of course, I took precautions for covid but not to my surprise I did even up getting when I say I wasn't surprised I mean it was bound to happen because no shit I am a college student. It is hard to explain everything that took place this year but as the New year has begun people are questioning will things improve and get better this coming months with the inauguration of president-elect Biden and the new vaccine being distributed. Only time will tell what will occur in the next few weeks but so far there have been some positive events and some negative events from the Democrat party winning Senate to pro-trump supporters raiding the capital. Happy New Year right?