SMP Training Courses To Jumpstart A Career In Beauty Industry

SMP Training

64

If you are looking for an exciting career that pays well, working as a scalp micropigmentation or SMP artist is worth it. As more and more people need the treatment, it opens up plenty of opportunities for the SMP field.

But before we discuss why you should pursue a career in SMP, let us first find out what it is all about.

Scalp Micropigmentation

Scalp Micropigmentation is a non-invasive treatment that uses detailed micro-needles to deposit pigment into the scalp.

Aside from cosmetic reasons, SMP is also performed for medical purposes. In this process, your goal is to replicate the natural hair follicle on your scalp. An SMP artist uses an electric tattoo device to perform the process.

This process is useful for individuals who suffer from all forms of hair loss. If you know someone who has thinning hair, male and female baldness patterns, or alopecia, SMP may be the solution to his hair loss problem.

What Makes SMP Courses So Career-Focused?

Now that you know what the procedure is, it’s time to find out how becoming an SMP artist or technician is profitable to jumpstart a career in the Beauty industry in 2022.

Below, we have listed the top three ways that make SMP training courses the most career-focused course in the Cosmetic industry.

It Is In-demand

According to the National Hair Loss Association, 85% of men have significantly thinner hair by the time they reach their 50s. At an early age of 35, two-thirds of men already suffer from some degree of hair loss. About one-third of this population will tend for hair loss treatment.

This statistics proves the demand for SMP artists in the country. While the demand is high, there is a shortage of professionals who can do the job. This presents more opportunities and more clients for you.

It Has A Competitive pay

Based on a recent survey, an established micropigmentation artist has an average gross of $70,000 to $85,000, annually. That’s higher than the average Australian worker’s salary of $75,060 for a 40-hour workweek.

An SMP artist can earn this from performing 11.6 procedures per month. If you are experienced enough, you can charge about $300 per hour, and clients are also required to come back once a year for touchup.

It Has A Quick & Easy Educational Requirements

If you want to be an SMP artist, you don’t have to spend years in school to qualify. The job only requires a short formal micropigmentation training that you can either take online or at a traditional classroom.

You only have to pay $6500 to enrol, and you’ll learn everything from health and sanitation requirements to pricing and consultations.

Top SMP Courses In The Country To Get Started

There are so many SMP training courses if you Google but only a few of them are worth it.

The SMP Academy offers expert-led, in-person scalp micropigmentation training classes that include a balance of theoretical and hands-on learning. Their Scalp Micropigmentation training course gives students all the skills they need to set-up their own scalp micropigmentation studio or incorporate the treatment into an existing practice.

You will receive an extensive package of learning materials which includes a Q&A section for your reference when dealing with inquiries following completion. During the course you will witness treatments being performed by world class SMP practitioners all of whom have been personally trained for years.

Some students enrol simply to learn a new skill and complete a handful of treatments to supplement their main source of income annually post obtaining the SMP certification from the Academy. The flexibility allows you to work to your own requirements.

To Wrap Up

Of course, once you finish your SMP Training, you’ll be prepared and confident to do the procedure, and you’ll even be ready to run your own micropigmentation business. The great thing about this is that you’ll learn all of these in no time.

It is advisable to go for the SMP training centre that is near to your place. With enough patience and focus, you can become a scalp micropigmentation artist.

You can achieve this dream in less time, and you know plenty of clients await you once you finish your training.

And soon, you’ll enjoy the competitive salary a certified SMP artist can earn yearly. If you are deciding on a career in the future, consider a job in the scalp micropigmentation field and get the perks you deserve.