Students Should Give 4 Days Of Their Christmas Break To This

12
Stumo Instagram

I came into college seeking something bigger than myself. I wanted a purpose and a direction and true joy. I wanted something that would put the rest of my life into perspective. that would tell me why I was here and what the rest of my life would hold.

I knew God existed but I didn’t know Him.

My first week of college I met two girls named KMack and Madison. I didn’t know it at the time, but these girls would play a big part in my life in the years to come.

The following month, madison showed interest in getting to know me and some of the other girls on our floor. I was getting more involved in my sorority, so I wasn’t able to hang out w her as much as I wish I could have, but that did not stop her from asking and inviting.

Weeks later, I was finally able to go to something that she had invited me to. I was pumped to get to hang out with her, even though I wasn’t sure what I was committing myself to. We got to our destination, which was off campus, and went inside. It was a little overwhelming because there were so many people. Everyone knew everyone and everyone was so excited to be there. I walked through the crowds, following madison, and finally! A face I knew! It was KMack!! I’m sure the biggest smile was on my face as I walked up to her and gave her a hug. I don’t remember what we talked about, but it was probably just catching up!

The doors opened into a room that had chairs and a small stage at the front. I followed madison to our seats. We worshiped God, then sat down and listened to a guy talk about a thing called SMC. They showed a video and had students come up and talk about their experiences and encouraged us all to sign up. I was so interested! right after the speaker was done, I told madison that I wanted to go. She was excited about that which made me even more excited. We went to the back of the room and she talked to a guy and then when she came back we went to the sign-up booth and it was done! I had committed a few days of my winter break to something awesome!

That was my freshman year of college, two years ago. I am so glad that madison continued to seek me out because I will be attending my third SMC this year and I am still just as excited as I was the first year. When I committed a few days of my winter break to going to that conference, I didn’t know that would lead me into committing my entire life to Jesus!

During one of the main sessions, the Jeff Johnson Band was singing a song about God’s unfailing love for us. I had heard the song before but not during a time when I was searching so much for something to fill the emptiness I felt. the song brought on tears and my heart felt broken. I asked God to take everything away from me and just take control. for the first time, I felt peace. I felt His presence. I knew that was it.

That was what I was looking for. He was the answer to my purpose, to the reason I’m here, and to what the rest of my life would hold. Looking back, if I hadn’t have gone to SMC my freshman year, I’m not sure where my walk with God would be right now.

While at SMC my freshman year, I attended a workshop about sharing one’s faith with their parents. I didn’t grow up in a family that believed in Jesus. That workshop has been helping me to share the love of Jesus with my family for the past two years. I wouldn’t have known where to start had i not attended that workshop.

I also attended a workshop about discipleship that year, that was where the lightbulb turned on. I had been looking for a purpose. something to give the rest of my life to and that was it. We focused on Matthew 28:18-20, “to go and make disciples throughout the nations.” I knew that was something worth devoting my life to. To be a vessel for God to use to reach others and show them what a life with Jesus looked like. That verse motivates me daily to invest my life into others.

God changed my life. And He used SMC to do that. It doesn’t matter where you are in your walk with God, I didn’t even have a walk with God when I went my first year. SMC is for everyone! I want to encourage you to sign up for SMC and commit four days of your winter break to something awesome!!

The link to sign up for SMC is stumoconference.com! you won't regret going, but you might regret not going!