3 Life Goals For 2021

3 Life Goals For 2021

Something to look forward to in the new year!

13
3 Life Goals For 2021
Unsplash

Let's be honest, 2020 absolutely sucked. From the pandemic, to all the civil unrest, people losing their jobs, and everything in between, 2020 was the worst for all of us.

I think all of us experienced a lot of bad in our lives in the past year. I know for me I have struggled with depression and anxiety. I have also struggled with the pandemic, how all of it is so unknown and something a lot of us have never experienced before. I've struggled to not see my friends all the time because of social distancing and Covid-19 rules. I've missed out on part of my college experience, especially not having a true football season and not being able to march at Beaver Stadium.

Not all of it was terribly bad though, at least for me. I got some big things achieved this year. For example, I am finally on my journey to loving myself, which has been 8 years in the making. I also became the Penn State Blue Band Vice President this December; which was a huge achievement for me personally. I got to the GPA I needed for my major, so I can officially apply for Public Relations this upcoming semester.

For me, I am so ready to leave 2020, and step into 2021. I am ready for a new year, with a new set of challenges. I am ready to accomplish more of my goals next year, and taking steps to becoming the best me I can.

Here are some of my goals for 2021.

I want to start taking my health seriously.

Throughout my life, I have always hated working out. I never wanted to do it, mostly because I was afraid of being judged by others at the gym. I refused to go for so long, but I am turning this bad habit around. I want to start by just taking walks every morning to start off my day right. Then I want to start doing more intense workouts in my apartment using my FabFitFun subscription that has workout videos.

I also want to start cooking healthier and more filling foods. I know that I was not eating the best this past semester, and I know that when I eat better, I feel better. I just need to put the time and dedication to it, and I know I can achieve it.

I want to become more mindful.

I want to start to meditate everyday, to really be able to calm myself down and really take in everything around me. I've noticed that life moves by so fast, and I feel like I'm constantly missing it.

By me putting aside 10 minutes a day to meditate and be mindful, I know it will become a good habit to keep us, especially with all of the stress at school.

For anyone looking to get into mindfulness, I highly recommend the app Headspace, it's great for guided meditation and good sleeping habits, too!

I want to make time for the things I love.

This year has been crazy and hectic, especially since the school year when all of your classes are constantly stressing you out. I want to make more time to do the things I love. I love to play around and experiment with makeup, but I only did that twice this past semester.

I love to read interesting fiction books, but the only time I can ever read is when I'm at home on break. I love to facetime my friends, but I can tell I haven't done it enough.

I want to make time for these passions and loves, so I don't lose my interest or my love for them.

Let's make 2021 great together.

I know that we can do it, so why not?