7 Most Essential Skincare Products For Radiant Skin

7 Most Essential Skincare Products For Radiant Skin

"It's not considered hoarding if its skincare."

208

Over the past few years, I have become obsessed with makeup. I love buying new highlighters and painting my face to see what I can come up with next. However, with putting makeup on, comes gross and unwanted particles and bacteria that stick on your skin. Some cause acne, discoloration, irritation, dry skin and more. So, with my passion for makeup came a passion for skincare and taking care of my face. Here are my favorite skincare products you cannot (and should not) live without.

So without further ago, lets make something very very clear...you're skin.

1. Moisturizer

Everyone knows its important to moisturize, even for men. But people don't understand how vital it is to start early in life. It's easier to prevent than to fix wrinkles. I started moisturizing my sophomore year of college; I honestly should've started sooner. Since then, I have never looked back. My skincare routine is a time where I can relax and take a load off. Every day I look forward to "taking my face off." There is nothing like pampering yourself.

Buy First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair Cream on Amazon.

2. Under Eye Cream

The skin under your eyes is extra sensitive and needs special care of its own. Don't think that your general moisturizer will do the trick. I pride myself on my designer bags/raccoon eyes. After years of testing different products, this is one of my favorites.

Buy Clinique pep start on Amazon.

3. Cleanser/Exfoliant

Exfoliation is a vital step. It eliminates dead skin, refines pores and smoothes out uneven skin. Months ago I read an article about this woman who threw out all of her skincare products and only used Lush Cosmetics. I was hooked. I went to the mall and picked up my own Lush staples. Let me tell you, I have never looked back and my skin has never been so calm and happy.

As an exfoliant I use Let The Good Times Roll which smells like cookies. As a cleanser, I use Fresh Farmacy.

Special Shoutout to Glossier's Milky Jelly Cleaner and St' Ives apricot scrub.

Buy St. Ives apricot scrub on Amazon.

4. Drying Lotion

Ever have those pesky little pimples that won't go away and aren't for the popping? Drying lotion will save your life. Use a little Q-tip to apply to any problem spots before bed and by morning, it's as if a miracle took place.

Mario Badescu, my only suggestion.

Buy it on Amazon.

5. Makeup Remover Wipes

Costco brand makeup wipes have never steered me wrong. Make sure you cleanse your face after taking off your makeup. Cleaning your face off all of your makeup is essential, that's why the wipes come in. But if you don't cleanse afterward, yucky bacteria will just sit on your face that you moved around with the wipe. Wipes get the job done halfway but are still an important step.

Buy Kirkland Facial Towelettes on Amazon.

6. Toners and Serums

Toners come in after the cleansing which helps to rid your face of any extra debris and bacteria that can be hiding in your pores. A toner goes on first then the serum. The toner won't work as well if it's the other way around!

Buy Clinique Turnaround on Amazon.

7. Sunscreen

I don't even have to explain this one, do I?! Half of my skincare products have SPF in them. My biggest fear is turning into a shriveled up prune.

Glossier Sunscreen is a clear, lightweight option that you can't even tell is on your skin.

Buy it on Amazon.

Over the past few years, I have become obsessed with makeup. I love buying new highlighters and painting my face to see what I can come up with next. However, with putting makeup on, comes gross and unwanted particles and bacteria that stick on your skin. Some cause acne, discoloration, irritation, dry skin and more. So, with my passion for makeup came a passion for skincare and taking care of my face. Here are my favorite skincare products you cannot (and should not) live without. These products aren't in any particular order of routine, however, here is a list below of which item to use first.

Mornings:

1. Cleanser

2. Toner

3. Serum

4. Sunscreen

5. Eye Cream (to de-puff)

6. (Priming) Moisturizer

This makes an excellent base for your makeup. Order one yourself from Glossier.com

Night:

1. Makeup Remover Wipes (if makeup was used)

2. Cleanser

3. Exfoliate (I do this in the shower)

4. Toner

5. Serum

6. Eye Cream

7. Moisturizer

Please note that all items are in stock as of the time of publication. As an Amazon Associate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.