6 Artists You Should Know

6 Artists You Should Know

The soundtrack for your summer.

52
6 Artists You Should Know
UnrealityTV

Now that summer is upon us, we often find ourselves at the pool working on our tan, working out trying to get the perfect "beach bod," or just driving around, exploring your city. All of these summer activities are no fun without a rad summer playlist. These artists are your missing link to an amazing summer, so tune in and listen up!

1. Brayton Bowman

Brayton is a hidden gem that I am sad to admit that I have just discovered over a month ago, but it only took a second for me to fall in love with him! He has a great voice that has this R&B vibe that is paired with synth-pop beats to create something magical. I picture his music being blasted from a really exclusive speakeasy lounge/club. His music has such a classic feel while sounding modern. It's hard to pick, but I would have to say my favorite song is "Runaway" from his "Here Now" EP. Long story short, he's amazing and I will predict right now, that he will win a Grammy in 2018.

2. Betty Who

This Australian goddess has some serious talent. Betty Who is an artist who keeps me coming back for more. She has such an elegant, pleasant voice that draws you in, but her techno-pop beats make you want to party all night! She reminds me a lot of Katy Perry, only 100 times better. Her songs have this element that is so hard to pinpoint, but as soon as you hear it, you can't help but love her music. Her music doesn't just rely on her fun, dance beat, but also on the lyrics. Each of her songs tell a different story, and that's exactly what you want in an artist - at least in my opinion. Her song "Somebody Loves You" from her album "Take Me When You Go" honestly will make the grumpiest person happy and dancing it out in no time!

3. Carly Rae Jepsen

I know that we all remember her first song "Call Me Maybe," but Carly Rae Jepsen has come so far! Her newest album, "Emotion," is great and can definitely get the party going! Her voice sparkles through this entire album with the slight '80s vibe come together to make something that I never knew I needed. Her song "Making Most of the Night" is, in my opinion, the best song on this album. Carly and Sia co-wrote that song together and I think that it's a perfect mix of the two artists, with Carly's once again sparkling voice, plus Sia's haunting lyrics. I am going to make a bold statement - I think Carly Rae Jepsen is the most underrated pop queen of our generation.

4. City and Color

City and Colour, otherwise known as Dallas Green is a Canadian singer-songwriter. He is a folk artist accompanied with a melodic acoustic guitar, and I am in love with everything that he has released into the world of music. If you're looking for some chill music while sitting by the pool working on your tan, this is what you need. His voice is so calm, sweet and easy to listen to. It's impossible not to fall in love. Picking a favorite song of his is like picking your favorite child, but I recommend you listen to "Save Your Scissors" from his "Sometimes" album. It's fantastic and you'll thank me for it.

5. Years and Years

These three guys are artists, and they make some amazing music. This synth-pop trio is just what your summer playlist is missing. The mix of their techno music with their melodic voice of Olly Alexander comes together to make music magic. Their music is perfect for some late night jams in the car with the windows down going on a summer adventure. Their newest album, "Communion," is genius, and there isn't a song that I don't love, but my favorite would have to be "Sine" - it just has this special groove that starts slow but builds into an awesome electronic dance song.

6. NAO

NAO is a British singer-songwriter, and she is so many things wrapped into one beautiful artist. Her music is a wonderful mixture of electronic beats that compliments her R&B style voice perfectly. I am not so patiently waiting for her newest album "For All We Know," but she has released a few songs which I am forever grateful that I have these songs to hold me over until the full thing. Her song "Girlfriend" is a perfect example of her soulful sound. I have had this song on repeat 24/7 and I'm not even sorry about it.

I can promise you that if you add these wonderful artists to your summer playlist, you are always in for a good time!