It Has Been A Month Since I Joined Alpha Sigma Tau, And I've Already Found Sisters For Life

I love my sisters all in Alpha Sigma Tau.

241

About a month ago, I was given one of the most amazing opportunities: to join the sisterhood of Alpha Sigma Tau at SIUe.

Although it's only been a month, I've already gained so many things from this organization. More than 150 new sisters, an incredible support system here on campus, women who push me to become the best version of myself in all areas of my college life, an opportunity for positions of leadership and growth, and ladies that I am so so so proud to call my friends. Going into recruitment, I had a million emotions and thoughts running through my head.

I was nervous that I wouldn't find the people who I "clicked" with, excited for bid day and meeting all of my new sisters, and anxious for each new night of events. When I ran home to my sisters on bid day, I knew that I had found the sisterhood that I belonged in.

Already, I have spent late nights at the library, went on more coffee dates than I can count, participated in AST campus traditions, and connected with women that I may have never been able to meet had I not went through recruitment.

Lauren Trimble

As we approach one of our biggest philanthropy events of the school year, Pink Week, I can't help but think about how thankful I am that I get to be a part of a sisterhood that cares so much about the lives of other women.

The Women's Wellness Initiative holds such a special place in my heart, as multiple women in my family have had personal trials with breast cancer. I feel a sense of pride when wearing the letters of Alpha Sigma Tau.

It's much more than just a group of sisters, but a group of sisters that are working to make the world a better place. I think that that is so amazing and inspiring.

Lauren Trimble

I had no idea how much of an impact my sorority sisters would have on my support system here at school. I knew that I would be gaining friends, but I didn't realize how tight-knit of a group that I would be welcomed into. Every member of Alpha Sigma Tau is encouraging and willing to help you no matter what time of day, or what it is that you need help with. A sister is always there. I am grateful that I have that kind of support being two hours away from home. I can truly say that SIUe feels like home after joining Alpha Sigma Tau. Not only is the support amazing, but so are all of the opportunities to get involved on campus and stay social. There's not a week that goes by that there isn't at least one event going on that we can get to know each other better whether it's a sisterhood, a mixer, paddle passes, lunch dates, or just chatting after chapter. The social aspect of the sorority has been the best.

Lauren Trimble

So, thank you to my sisters. I am so thankful for all of you, and I'm so looking forward to seeing what the next four years bring.