my sister is my best friend

8 Reasons Sisters Are ALWAYS Your Best Friends

They're your best friends for life.

430
Kaitlyn Fox

Every girl has always dreamed of having a sister to grow up with; from playing dolls to bridesmaids at each others' weddings, sisters are the companions you can rely on for almost anything. Coming from a household where I was one of three girls, I surely found my sisters to be my best friends growing up. We've been through everything together and have grown up sharing everything from toys to memories. While I have some great friends that mean the world to me, no one can replace a sister. These girls know me better than anyone else and will be the women who stand with me throughout the rest of my life. Sisters are the greatest gift a girl could ask for and here are just a few reasons why.

Their closets are your closets too

The best part of having sisters is having access to their closets. When your own wardrobe just isn't cutting it, it's nice to know you can explore your sisters' closets for something decent to wear. While arguments often break out over sharing clothes, you all secretly know that being able to swap outfits is truly a blessing.

They know you better than anyone else

Growing up together means we know the ins and outs of each other, and this helps us form a special bond that other friendships could never size up to. Sisters have special instincts that can tell when something is wrong or what the other sister is thinking, and that's something other friends just can not do.

They're not afraid to tell you the truth

Whether it's about the clothes we wear or a new boy we're dating, sisters are never afraid to tell each other the truth about what they think of each others' choices. Even though the truth can hurt, sisters always know best, and their input can save you from heartbreak and embarrassment.

They'll always cheer you on

Even though my parents have to drag us to each others' performances and sporting events, I always know that no matter what I'm doing I can always count on my sisters being in the crowd cheering me on. We always make sure to be there for each other during important events and take a lot of pride in each others' accomplishments. There truly are no greater cheerleaders than your sisters.

Inside jokes

Much to our parents' dismay, us sisters hold a collection of jokes in a sister vault that's been around since we were young. Our humor goes back many years, so nobody ever understands why we're rolling on the floor laughing.

They've gone through hard times with you

Between family hardships and personal tragedies, sisters are always there to pick each other up during the hard times. Nothing can replace the love and support from a sister because they've been there for you through everything.

They make boring times really fun

Spending hundreds of hours together during long car rides and boring family obligations has given us time to make up our own forms of fun. Whether it's coming up with a game or laughing about the most embarrassing things we've ever done, there is never a dull moment when I'm with my sisters.

They're always willing to fight for you

If someone hurts you, it never takes long for your sister to step in and get involved. Whether it's a bad breakup or heart break over a disloyal friend, your sisters will always be there to back you up and take care of business so you're not hurt by that person again.