Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants

Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants

Let's take a walk down memory lane and revisit the Sisterhood
24

You indeed have read the title correctly--I am bringing back Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I have officially begun to read the books again. By the way, did you know that there are five books and not just three? I’m almost positive that I only read three and at the time I had read all the books. When did she write the last two books, and why didn’t I read them? Well anyway, I have forgotten how much I truly enjoyed these books, and it’s been so long since I have read the books that it’s almost like reading them for the first time.

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is my middle school days to a tee. I remember reading all three of them, (well at the time all three of them) as quickly as possible and waiting for the movies to come out and went to see them as soon as I possibly could. I remember seeing Kostos for the first time and thinking wow is he cuter than I has imagined in my head. Eric, on the other hand, should have been more Hispanic looking and not blonde--like when did that happen? Blake lively became my favorite actress because of these movies and how she played Bridget.

I remember in middle school and high school that I always wanted to have friends just like Carmen, Lena, Tibby, and Bridget. I remember thinking how incredible it would be to have pants that would fit me and three other friends. I also remember thinking that I would love to spend a summer in Greece painting and going on incredible adventures. This book really tore apart different aspects of being a high school. Being stuck at home for a summer when your friends are off having adventures, when your parent is getting remarried and you feel left behind, going on an adventure of a lifetime and never looking back, and finding a group of friends that you will call your sisters for life.

In the books, I love how the author writes quotes at the beginning of each chapter. Some of them inspirational, some of them funny, and some of them though provoking. You never really know what kind of quote you are going to get until you turn that page after the chapter ends and you begin to read. I still haven’t fully realized how they tie into each chapter because it doesn’t seem like they correlate to my knowledge thus far. That’s okay I still have time to figure out if there is any correlation at all to the quotes and the chapters.

These books made me believe in friends, magic, and true love. I wanted to be each of the girls at different points of the book and I love that I get to read these books again and get a little glimpse into what my high school days were like and reliving them just for a while. I have read the entire first book and half of the second book thus far. It’s been a mighty fun adventure and I can’t wait to finish all five of them. I will share with you my thoughts after I finish all the books and re watch all the movies. I hope that you will stick with me through it all.