To My Soul Sister, Seasons Change, But We Never Do

Nothing is stronger than our friendship.

5
Two women sitting on swings

For the past 14 years, our friendship has been the one thing I've been sure of, because like you always say, the seasons change, but we never do.

You are so much more than a best friend.

You're truly my sister and it hurts me to even try to imagine life without you.

You're there when I want you and you're there when I don't, but that's what comes with having you as a big sister. Even though we bicker and annoy each other, if I could spend every day with you I absolutely would.

You make the good times great and the bad times not so bad.

You're the only person in this world I'm comfortable crying around, and when I feel like I don't have anywhere to go you remind me that your home is mine too.

You bring out the best in me and because of you I love who I am.

You're the reason my dreams are so big. You've always believed in me, even when I assure you I have no idea what I'm doing. Knowing I have your support with everything I do gives me the strength to keep pushing myself.

When I think of you I think of determination, strength, beauty, intelligence, laughter, love and a good time.

A day spent with you is an adventure in itself, even if we don't ever leave your house.

I have no doubt that we were meant to be in each other's lives, because everything about my life would change if you weren't in it.

I wouldn't know the value of a dollar.

I wouldn't have snarky remarks up my sleeve ready to be fired.

I wouldn't be so ambitious.

I wouldn't have a second home and a second family.

I wouldn't be so confident.

I wouldn't have a maid of honor.

I wouldn't know true, unapologetic sisterhood.

No matter where the future takes us, we'll forever be Em & B, because even though the seasons change, we never do.