17 Single Women Share How The Pandemic Has Affected Their Love Lives

I Asked 17 Single Women How The Pandemic Has Affected Their Love Lives, And Real Talk, Men Don't Get Social Distancing

As if we're surprised!

633

In the age of COVID-19, just about everything has been made harder. (As if we needed that, right?).

90 percent of those surveyed said that the pandemic has made dating that much harder because not only do you have to click with someone's personality you ALSO have to find someone who sees eye to eye with you on the seriousness of the pandemic. Talk about bringing politics and personal views to the forefront of the conversation!

What exactly are single ladies saying about this, though? In one word: it stinks.

1. Patsie, 27

"As soon as I decided that I was ready to date again...BOOM. COVID! I joke with all of my family and friends that the pandemic was a sign that I'm not supposed to date. I re-downloaded dating apps during the beginning of quarantine out of boredom, and it was an AWFUL idea. So many men were still asking to hang out, and they were awfully persistent about it. I deleted and re-downloaded many times since then. I have only been on one date since the world slightly reopened, and it wasn't terrible, but it also wasn't noteworthy.

Dating during COVID has been HARD. It's very hard to find people that have the same views as you and aren't just talking to you because they're bored. I recently downloaded the apps again, so we will see what happens for the 164826173th time."

2. Emily, 26

"Honestly, I'm more bored, and since I'm going stir crazy, I'm spending more time on dating apps. But the thing I'm dealing with is that I don't feel safe or comfortable meeting someone in public."

3. Kristen, 32

"Everyone has a different level of comfort when it comes to meeting new people. It's so hard to find someone that you're interested in AND on the same page when it comes to quarantine/no quarantine/masks/no masks! It has made it significantly harder to find someone."

4. Logan, 26

"At first, I was dating someone new. It completely ruined it since we were following the rules. Since, I've had ZERO action. All the apps SUCK right now, too."

5. Logan, 26

"It's basically non-existent as far as meeting new people. It seems that people are still only looking for hookups right now. But, old flings have come out of the woodwork to "see how I'm doing," and it's rather irritating actually. Like I wasn't interested then, so what makes you think a quarantine or pandemic is gonna make me change my mind?

My standards didn't change. But, where I work I get to meet new people, so honestly, you never know. It's been great to take this pause on dating with no pressure or expectations from anyone else. People can't ask you why you don't have a boyfriend in the middle of a pandemic haha"

Oh, and in case you're wondering: Twitter agrees.

Yep... this is 2020, and this is dating in 2020 during a pandemic. It's weird. It's also been normalized, so I guess it's official: the weird has been normalized, and whether or not a man will wear a mask is super telling of his character. I'm honestly not too surprised by these results, and you shouldn't be either because well, it's 2020: the year of the weird.

We used to say "if he hides you from his friends, he's not the one," but in 2020, if he's hiding you from his friends, I guess he's safely social distancing!

Follow Swoon on Instagram.