Single or Taken: A Guide to Survive Valentine's Day

Get through this holiday the best way possible.

9
Alexander Correa

The day of love Is coming up.

I know, I know, half of you may love Valentine's Day and half of you may hate it. Regardless of the side you're on, this short and simple guide will be sure to help you get through Valentine's Day.

TAKEN?

• Give them something the day before, even if it's the smallest thing, I can promise you if you tell them "it doesn't need to be Valentine's Day to show I love you," their heart will melt. Then proceed to follow up with something on Valentine's because, you know, can't upset your special someone.
  • Write a cute love note to make them feel special.
  • Make sure you get those roses, chocolates, and teddy bears ready (the bigger the better). Spending more doesn't mean you love them more, but come on, imagine your partners face when they see a huge teddy bear.
  • Plan a fun, cute, or romantic date! You know your partner, maybe mini golf is something they'd love or maybe they like to dress up and have dinner, going out on top of the little gifts is sure to win you bonus points.
  • Tell your partner they look great (No matter what they wear, make them feel special.)
  • Listen to some music, watch movies, and cuddle: Do the cute things that you both love.

People, I'm taken, but sadly my girlfriend is studying abroad this semester. I'll be spending valentines on my own this year. Still, you can follow these steps:

Single?

Now to all my single people, don't worry. This Valentine's Day I'm going to be alone so, hopefully, these steps can ease your mind about the day of love. At the end of the day, it's another day, and as much as I like it's not for everyone. Just enjoy the day whether you're taken or not, it's a day of love so at the very least you can love yourself, friends, or significant other, just enjoy the day.

• Love yourself, you deserve it!
  • Go do something you like, whether it be watching a movie, some sort of physical activity, or even getting a table for one, the best love is your own love so enjoy the day like it's any other.
  • Get your own chocolate, binge some Netflix, and get some health care on.
  • If you're of age, enjoy a glass of wine or a cold one and relax.
  • Go out with some friends, Valentine's is a day of love and we all love our close friends!

To those of you who share my love for February 14th, Happy Valentine's Day.