Single Or Not, You Should Have A Galentine's Day

It's never healthy to leave your girlfriends behind and make your significant other your whole world this Valentines Day.

71
The Autumn Girl

Having a romantic partner, boyfriend, significant other or whatever you want to call that one person in your life, is great. I'm sure they fulfill your needs and make you happy even when they make your life slightly complicated from time to time. But we all know you wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. There's nothing wrong with wanting to spend Valentines Day with your special person because after all, this is a romantic holiday and the time of the year. Yet, I want you to consider that perhaps you shouldn't get lost in your relationship and forget about your friends this Valentines Day.

Romantic relationships take a lot of time and work. While you might struggle to balance all aspects and relationships in your life, it's never healthy to leave behind your friends to spend all your time with your significant other. I understand that sometimes you'll choose your person over your girlfriends because it happens and that is completely OK. Your friends will understand. Even if they complain, don't worry! But you also need your space and time with people that complement other aspects of your life, such as your girlfriends. Come on, we all know that your significant other might be great, but can you really have with that person what you share with your girlfriends? NO, absolutely no.

Now, I'm not saying you need to spend the actual Valentine's Day with your girls instead of your significant other. Perhaps sometime around the Valentines season take a little time to celebrate with your girls, just you, some food, drinks, and conversations. It could be fun to get away and celebrate Galentines with your girls from school, work, or your main ones from back in the day.

If you're one of the single girls from the crew, then you have more of a reason to not stay home and hang out with your friends. Galentines celebration is the perfect opportunity for you to look forward to this lovey-dovey time of the year most singles hate. Don't let Valentines Day become one of those tragic days in which you contemplate why you're single. Who cares anyway? You are beautiful, smart, and ready to have a good time. So don't get all flustered, because you might be single, but you got your friends and that is more than enough.

So yes, Galentines Day should happen regardless of what your romantic status is. Gather your girls and get planning or be spontaneous and drive somewhere new! There are million things you could be doing and feeling sorry for your romantic status doesn't need to be one of those.