What Being Single Has Taught Me.

What I've Learned From Being Single That Many Don't Appreciate

Being single has taught me to love myself and grow as an individual.

194

Some many find it weird that there are still people in the world who have never been in a relationship but I think it's totally normal. Some people aren't ready and then some just haven't found the right person. For me it's freeing and a time for self love and growth.

Never being in a relationship has taught me that honestly I can do just fine without one. Would I like someone to go on dates with and pay for some meals? Yes but is it necessary? No.

Being single has taught me that I do have high standards and that when the right person comes along I will know. I think dating is different at my age because I'm no longer a teenager, so it's not like I'm dating and breaking up and finding someone else so quickly.

I'm looking for more substance for potentially a life partner. I'm looking for someone who I can have deep conversations with who is mature. Someone who treats their mother with love and respect. I don't know if I was spoiled by having such amazing parents who had such love for each other.

My dad took care of my mom he cooked and he loved his family. Those characteristics are what I am looking for.

Dating nowadays is very different from how it used to be. Now, guys and girls can be so tempted to cheat online because of all the temptation and dating apps. There is also less respect nowadays. I feel all guys really want are girls with big butts and skimpy clothes. Don't believe me, look at Instagram models and tell me how many of the likes are from guys compared to girls.

This has also helped me realize that I don't want someone like that.

I don't want someone just interested in looks. I want someone to pick my brain and ask me questions, someone who can hold a conversation and connect with me on a deeper level. When I was younger my mom always told me that the right person is out there, I believe it.

So, yes I'm single. But I'm okay with that. I'm living my life the way *I* want to.

I'm free to travel the world, explore new places, spend quality time with my family and friends and I love it.

To all the single girls out there who think that being single is horrible repeat after me.

Yes, I'm single now but that's better than being in a relationship where I am compromising my standards and settling for a relationship that could be one hundred times better when I find the right person.