7 Signs You're An Obsessed Dog Parent

7 Signs You're An Obsessed Dog Parent

Here's how you know if your dog is a little too spoiled.

170
7 Signs You're An Obsessed Dog Parent
Caela McLoughlin

The biggest dog lovers know some of these things to be true. When you have a dog, no matter how old, they are your baby. The dog will forever be spoiled because it's you baby (even if you have kids), and it's the baby who will always need you! Here's some signs that your dog is definitely the most spoiled one in your house.

1. They have "their spots" in the house

My dog had a spot that he sleeps in both on the couch and in our bed. It's become a regular conversation in our house that either my fiance or I are in "the dog's spot" and one of us has to move just so he can lay where he wants.

2. You go out of your way to make them comfortable

There's no one saying "he's a dog, he's fine on the floor" in our house! If the dog is comfortable - especially if he's asleep on top of me - there is no moving yourself or him.

3. They have toys everywhere

I'm not even sure when I have a child they'll have this many toys, but for my pup? Have all of the toys! He needs to have choices, okay? And when you try to teach him to clean them up and he just gives you the cutest face, you just say "aww" and take a photo. They mess is fine because he's in toy heaven.

4. They come above your personal life

Friends want you to take a weekend trip and your parents or significant other can't watch the pup? Looks like you're out. Even when it comes to either going out or staying in on a Friday night - one look at those puppy eyes and you're in for the night.

5. Your phone's pictures are 95% your pup

Throw in a few photos of your food, scenic sunsets, and your friends, and those are your pictures. Doesn't matter how many other photos you have, your pup dominates your photos and you're damn proud of it.

6. Your dog has outfits for special occasions

So this might not apply to everyone, but your pup either has a holiday bandanna, collar, sweater, or something to mark some time of the year. It could be Christmas, Halloween, Summer, a collar with a detachable bow tie for fancy occasions, matching family pajamas, anything. Or if you don't have a special type of outfit, you do have different leashes, harnesses or collars for all different situations.

7. You spoil your pup with different activities

Dogs can take a photo with Santa? You're there. Dog park, hiking trails, pet shops, trips to pick up more treats or dog food, anywhere you can bring your pup - they're there. You love to take them anywhere and everywhere, especially if it'll put that cute puppy smile on their face.