I have always been pretty good with people. I rarely get nervous about meeting new people or talking to people which I'm really grateful for. I know some people have crippling social anxiety and although I can't speak from personal experience, I can only imagine how difficult that can make the act of living. After all, humans are, supposedly, naturally social beings. And more often than not, I find myself in the presence of others.
Now before you all attack me for being an extrovert who really just wants to be an introvert because introverts are cooler, I can guarantee you that this is not the case. To briefly entertain you with what goes on in my mind, let's play out a scenario. OK, picture this:
You are in public, in an unfamiliar, but completely safe surrounding where there are lots of people around you. These people are strangers and rather than being an antisocial person who hides in a corner, you choose to talk to some friendly looking people. About five minutes into the conversation, you find yourself casually talking to others and just having an overall decent time. As time continues and you engage with more and more people, you slowly feel like life is literally being sucked out of you and your brain is turning into mush. By the time you are back at home, you do not want to talk to or be around others and want to be alone for a while.
This is basically how I feel.
Although I may be fairly good at being social and I do tend to enjoy the company of others, over time, being around people really drains me. That is not to say I am a people hater. It's just that I invest time and energy into being with people, which tends to take a lot out of me.
I do not mind doing things alone. To be completely honest, I relish and treasure my alone time. Whether that be something as simple as eating by myself to visiting places on my own, I find that I enjoy the time when my only company is myself.
Maybe I am a social introvert.
Or, in a more oxymoronic way to say it, an extroverted introvert.
- Confessions of an Extroverted Introvert: I'm Actually Not a Social ... ›
- 12 signs you're an extroverted introvert - YouTube ›
- 10 Everyday Things Only Extroverted Introverts Will Understand ... ›
- 12 signs you're an extroverted introvert | Stuff.co.nz ›
- 6 Signs You're An Extroverted Introvert - Introvert Spring ›
- 19 Real Life Examples of An Extroverted Introvert So You Don't Get ... ›
- Not an Introvert, Not an Extrovert? You May Be An Ambivert - WSJ ›
- Not Sure If You're an Introvert or Extrovert? You Might Be an Ambivert. ›
- Are You An Introvert Or An Extrovert? What It Means For Your Career ›
- The Majority of People Are Not Introverts or Extroverts | Psychology ... ›
- I Am Not An Introvert. I Am Not An Extrovert. I Am An Ambivert ... ›
- What is an Ambivert? See if You're an Introvert, Extrovert or Ambivert ... ›