11 Signs You're Obsessed With The Olympics

Super-humans are amazing.

33
USA Today

Swimming, gymnastics, running - who cares?! The Olympics are live and on TV! Here's everything you do that proves you're obsessed with the Olympics.

1. You live stream every event.

Waiting to watch your favorite event during prime time, especially if you live on the West Coast, is horrible. If you hate spoilers, it's just a terrible idea. Two seconds on your favorite social media platform and bam all the results are instantly thrown in your face and you can't turn back.

2. You stream stats and video on multiple devices at the same time.

There's just too many sports to keep up with.

3. Your summer vacations are arranged around the games.

Take it from someone who was just on a beach vacation during the opening ceremonies and first two days of events, plan ahead! My family scheduled our vacation like an Olympic novice and didn't bother looking at the dates of the Rio games. "Let's go on the beach and watch the sunset! Oh wait, Michael Phelps is on...I have to watch that!"

4. If someone talks during your favorite race or performance, they better watch out.

When you're intensely watching your favorite track race or swimming race and someone asks, "Which lane is the American in? What race is this?" It can get extremely annoying.

5. Athletes aren't referred to as "that one on the news." They have a name.

His name is Michael Phelps, not, "that swimmer dude."

6. If you aren't wearing team USA gear, are you really American?

USA swag is on the top of your shopping list when the Olympics come around. You have to wear that USA shirt every time you cheer on team USA.

7. "Sorry I can't, the Olympics are on."

When your friends want to hang out and party, but you have your priorities set straight.

8. You spend thousands of dollars to travel to the games

Watching on your TV or online just isn't the same as in person. It's well worth the dough.

9. You keep your squad updated.

Talking about the results are just as exciting as watching them happen.

10. The workout motivation is real.

Watching the Olympics makes you feel extremely motivated to get off your couch.

11. Once it's all over, you're not sure what to do with your life.

Going back to the normal life is tough. What should I watch? What will I talk about? The struggle to wait two years for the Winter Olympics is certainly rough.