If you grew up in a small town like I did, you'll definitely understand. Small communities can be irritating and annoying, but it's shaped who you are today.
1. You know literally everyone and their cousin
It's a blessing and a curse.
2. Your hang-out spots are shopping centers
When I say shopping center, I don't mean a mall either. I literally mean shopping centers like Walmart, Dollar General, etc. If you're lucky you have some fast food restaurants, but we aren't all that lucky Linda.
3. You graduated in a class less than 50 people
It's normal, too.
4. You have to drive 30 minutes to have any real fun
Late night Walmart excursions can get boring.
5. High school football games were a HUGE deal
Whether your team sucked or not, everyone and their mama were sitting on those bleachers.
6. You frequently get stuck behind a tractor
I'm not joking, either.
7. You can't go anywhere without seeing someone you know
You'll stop and talk to them for what feels like an hour, too.
8. You're related to half the staff at your high school
Previous generations of your family probably went there, too.
9. You don't have that many major chain restaurants/stores
The ones you did have, shut down and got turned into a Mexican grocery store. Used the same sign, too.
10. You wave when you pass someone in your car
Go ahead and wave to everyone you see, because there's a pretty good chance you know them.
11. You know what school everyone in the county goes to
You either went to school with them or you immediately knew where else they went.
12. You don't have that many red lights
The ones you do have, have names. Example - "the CVS light".
13. Your teacher held multiple positions at your school
Your cheer coach is also your history teacher, SGA sponsor, prom sponsor, and whatever else is needed.
14. You know everyones business
Word gets around fast in a small town, if you haven't noticed.
15. You ask "how's your mama and them"
No matter how small and boring your community is, you wouldn't have it any other way.