15 Signs You're Just A Small Town Girl Living In A Lonely World

You might hate it sometimes, but you wouldn't have it any other way.

66

If you grew up in a small town like I did, you'll definitely understand. Small communities can be irritating and annoying, but it's shaped who you are today.

1. You know literally everyone and their cousin

media.giphy.com

It's a blessing and a curse.

2. Your hang-out spots are shopping centers

media.giphy.com

When I say shopping center, I don't mean a mall either. I literally mean shopping centers like Walmart, Dollar General, etc. If you're lucky you have some fast food restaurants, but we aren't all that lucky Linda.

3. You graduated in a class less than 50 people

media.giphy.com

It's normal, too.

4. You have to drive 30 minutes to have any real fun

media.giphy.com

Late night Walmart excursions can get boring.

5. High school football games were a HUGE deal

media.giphy.com

Whether your team sucked or not, everyone and their mama were sitting on those bleachers.

6. You frequently get stuck behind a tractor

media.giphy.com

I'm not joking, either.

7. You can't go anywhere without seeing someone you know

media.giphy.com

You'll stop and talk to them for what feels like an hour, too.

8. You're related to half the staff at your high school

media.giphy.com

Previous generations of your family probably went there, too.

9. You don't have that many major chain restaurants/stores

media.giphy.com

The ones you did have, shut down and got turned into a Mexican grocery store. Used the same sign, too.

10. You wave when you pass someone in your car

media.giphy.com

Go ahead and wave to everyone you see, because there's a pretty good chance you know them.

11. You know what school everyone in the county goes to

media.giphy.com

You either went to school with them or you immediately knew where else they went.

12. You don't have that many red lights

media.giphy.com

The ones you do have, have names. Example - "the CVS light".

13. Your teacher held multiple positions at your school

media.giphy.com

Your cheer coach is also your history teacher, SGA sponsor, prom sponsor, and whatever else is needed.

14. You know everyones business

media.giphy.com

Word gets around fast in a small town, if you haven't noticed.

15. You ask "how's your mama and them"

media.giphy.com

No matter how small and boring your community is, you wouldn't have it any other way.