If you know me at all, you know that Boston is and will always be my favorite place in the world. I'm sure that all of my fellow Bostonians can relate to the numerous things that distinguish us and our wicked great city from the rest.
1. Your favorite word is wicked.
"Really cool" and "super cool" are simply just not in our vocabulary.
2. People are always commenting on how you say wicked.
You simply just have to embrace it.
3. You never go a day without Dunkin Donuts.
It's not just a place, it's a way of life.
4. Nothing is better than a bowl of New England clam chowder.
...And it's even better when it's in a warm bread bowl.
5. There is no greater baseball stadium than Fenway Park.
And there is no greater baseball team than the Boston Red Sox.
6. A Fenway frank is better than any other hotdog.
And you know that you didn't really go to Fenway Park if you didn't get one.
7. Sweet Caroline will always be our anthem.
Shoutout to our man Neil Diamond.
8. You consider 60-degree ocean water warm.
Which is good because, in the Summer, the water temperature really doesn't get much higher.
9. Your car is always equipped with a snow scraper, regardless of the season.
It really wouldn't be a shock to us if a blizzard hit in mid-April.
10. St. Patricks day is the best holiday.
And the St. Patricks Day Parade is one of the best events of the year.
11. You consider 6 inches of snow only a dusting.
Which makes the normal few feet of snow nothing out of the ordinary.
12. You really haven't been to the North End if you haven't been to Mikes Pastry.
Or Modern Pastry is just as good.
13. You really haven't been to Mike's Pastry if you haven't gotten one of their famous cannoli's.
And you certainly have tried one of their lobster tails, as well.
14. "Pass the clickah."
Don't you dare call it a remote.
15. You will always be a loyal Boston sports fan.
...No matter the outcome of any game (although they are usually positive.)
16. You know how to brag about how great Boston sports are.
And you know that Tom Brady will always be the GOAT no matter what.
17. Childhood memories include vacationing down the Cape.
And you know you go "Down the Cape," not "to Cape Cod."
18. There is no such thing as sprinkles.
They are clearly called jimmies.
19. You always went to the movies at Jordan's Furniture.
There's nothing cooler than watching a movie with 3-D glasses.
20. There are only 25 letters in the alphabet.
No such thing is the lettah "R."