Carrie Fisher Quotes

The Witty Carrie Fisher, As The Zodiac Signs

As one of the wittiest women to have lived on this planet, her incredibly humorous and insightful quotations can be perfectly paired with the zodiac signs.

44

I love astrology, and always find it an interesting task to attribute the world around me to the signs if I can, and as I thought about Carrie Fisher today after watching one of the Star Wars movies, I thought taking a look at her many relatable quotes would be a fun challenge. Here's my take:

Aries

"Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What's important is the action. You don't have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow."

I've always seen Aries as a sign of action, turbulence, and occasionally recklessness, particularly because it is a fire sign. Aries seem to be so confident, but I think they operate under the logic of pretending to be confident until the actual feeling follows when they make bold risks. This quote seems to fit the few Aries' I know quite well in that regard.

Taurus

"Instant gratification takes too long."

Indulgence isn't necessarily a bad thing, but occasionally the Tauruses I know seem to desire the comfort of indulgences, whether it be material items, food, physical affection, etc. They're heavily in tune with their senses and it shows, which is why I could definitely hear my Taurus friends saying something like this.

Gemini

"Life is a cruel, horrible joke and I am the punch line."

Geminis usually seem to be the butt of the joke in the Zodiac lineup, mostly because they're seen as a bit crazy and even two-faced on some occasions, and many people claim to know of a terrible Gemini no matter who you ask. One of my best friends is a Gemini, so nothing but love, but they sure do get the short-end of the stick.

Cancer

"I want someone to love and treasure and overwhelm."

Some of the Cancers I know are the most lovely people on the planet, and they have the biggest hearts that are meant for loving others. Most of them are so lovesick and emotionally dreamy it makes me, a Pisces, look like a stone cold witch.

Leo

"There's no room for demons when you're self possessed."

This one feels fitting for obvious reasons. Leo's are similar to Aries in my mind in part because I associate all fire signs with being really big personalities full of action and impulsiveness. Maybe she meant this in a different context, but in some way, I rationalize it as saying that you can't have demons in your mind if you take full control over yourself, which I think represents a lot of Leo's I know.

Virgo

"There is no point at which you can say, 'Well, I'm successful now. I might as well take a nap.'"

The Virgos I know are absolute busybodies with so many goals and tasks they want to accomplish that it tires me out just to think about it. They are seemingly insatiable in their desire to get things done and keep progressing, and have a laser-like focus to do just that. There's no time for naps in the life of a Virgo.

Libra

"No motive is pure. No one is good or bad-but a hearty mix of both. And sometimes life actually gives to you by taking away."

Libras are represented by the scales, which in turn represent balance and harmony. People are often full of a balance of the scales - everyone has a certain mix of good and bad in them and that is recognized in Libras, who seem to have a good grasp and acceptance for the good and the bad in life.

Scorpio

"I rarely cry. I save my feelings up inside me like I have something more specific in mind for them. I am waiting for the exact perfect situation and then BOOM! I'll explode in a light show of feeling and emotion - a piñata stuffed with tender nuances and pent-up passions."

Scorpios, as a water sign, have just as many intense emotions as Cancers and Pisces, but are often far less open and receptive to those emotions as their other water counterparts. Many Scorpios I know have a bad habit of keeping things inside until they burst with the weight of it all, and when they do, they really do go BOOM.

Sagittarius

"I want it reported that I drowned in moonlight, strangled by my own bra."

The Sagittarius' I know in my life are extremely funny and incredibly interesting people, and always seem to have the most hilariously bizarre things to say. They take control of their lives and manifest their own destinies, and this quote embodies that idea of taking control over your own ending, much like Sagittarius'.

Capricorn

"I trust myself. I trust my instincts. I know what I'm gonna do, what I can do, what I can't do. I've been through a lot, and I could go through more, but I hope I don't have to. But if I did, I'd be able to do it."

In my experience, Capricorns are some of the most tenacious and resilient signs of the zodiac. They seem to be incredibly in tune with understanding themselves and their limits which is why they push themselves to be their best selves in every aspect, and place a lot of importance on relying on themselves in life.

Aquarius

"I'm very sane about how crazy I am."

Aquarius' are some of the most odd and interesting people I have ever met. The way that their minds work is beyond me most of the time and they always have such intriguing perspectives on life that one could listen to for hours. And the best part is, they're incredibly self-aware about how bizarre they are.

Pisces

"I don't want life to imitate art. I want life to be art."

Pisces are ever the creative signs, with so much artistic wonder and ability in their minds. They also tend to romanticize the world around them, which is why the idea that life might only imitate art sounds terrifying, while life actually representing art is more their speed. We Pisces love our rose-colored glasses.