12 Most Shrek Songs From 'Shrek'

12 Most Shrek Songs From 'Shrek'

Everyone loves a good Shrek song.

8421
12 Most Shrek Songs From 'Shrek'
YouTube

The Shrek series by Dreamworks Animation is one of the most popular franchises by them. All four of the movies are pretty good, but one of the best parts of the movies are the soundtracks. Some songs will always be considered “Shrek songs,” and since this is something I believe strongly about I made a list of the most “Shrek songs” from Shrek.

1. "All Star" by Smash Mouth

I know you’re thinking of Shrek running from a mob of angry locals right now.

2. "I'm a Believer" by Smash Mouth

This song will always get stuck in your head after you watch Shrek.

3. "Hallelujah" by John Cale

Some might argue with me on this one, but it's a Shrek song.

4. "Accidentally in Love" by Counting Crows

You will accidentally fall in love with this song just from watching Shrek.

5. "Funkytown" by Lipps Inc.

If Shrek 2 had a theme song it would probably be this one.

6. "Holding Out for a Hero" by Frou Frou (sung by Jennifer Sanders)

We all hate the Fairy Godmother, but she kills this song.

7. "Ever Fallen in Love" by Pete Yorn

If you need a love song that will remind you of everything good in the world, then choose this Shrek song.

8. "Livin' La Vida Loca" by Eddie Murphy & Antonio Banderas

Donkey and Puss in Boots singing "Livin' La Vida Loca" to end a movie? GOLDEN.

9. "Live and Let Die" by Wings

How emotional when you just see the lilypad that Princess Fiona's father once lay upon, and this song plays in the background. Truly cinematic history.

10. "Cat's in the Cradle" by Harry Chapin

Donkey is a legend.

11. "Shake Your Groove Thing" by Michael Simpson

How can you forget a bunch of ogres dancing, especially the song they're dancing to?

12. "Hello" by Lionel Richie

This song probably gets stuck in your head no matter where you hear it from, but might as well remember it from Shrek.

If you’re anything like me, this made you rewatch Shrek (or all of them). We can thank Dreamworks for all the great movies, but we can thank them more for these great soundtracks. I always love a good Shrek song.