Shows of the 90's

30 Cartoons Only 90s Kids Will Remember

And maybe some late 80s or early 00s too.

220
kids

Some of the shows that were our favorites as kids, we can't even remember the synopsis of, let alone the name. Here are some of the popular ones that 90's kids were frequently watching.

1. "Aaahh!!! Real Monsters"

Three young monsters come to terms with "adulting" you could say, by learning to frighten humans, while living in a city dump.

Airtime: October 1994 to December 1997.

2. "The Angry Beavers"

Two beaver-brothers live in a forest together, having a love-hate relationship with produces anger, hence the title.

Airtime: April 1997 to June 2001.

3. "JoJo's Circus"

A young clown, JoJo, learns how to deal with tough situations while training for the circus with her friends.

Airtime: September 2003 to February 2007.

4. "Catdog"

Two conjoined brothers, one being a cat and the other being a dog, live life with contrasting personalities.

Airtime: April 1998 to June 2005.

5. "Dragon Tales"

Two siblings obtain a dragon scale which allows them to magically transport to another world where they befriend dragons.

Airtime: September 1999 to November 2005.

6. "Hey Arnold!"

A boy named Arnold gets experiences his young years with friends, living in the inner-city. The show tackles many social disparities within society.

Airtime: October 1996 to June 2004.

7. "Little Bear"

A bear cub who loves playing and being imaginative lives in the forest with his family and friends.

Airtime: November 1995 to November 2003.

8. "My Life As A Teenage Robot"

A teenage robot has to get through the struggles of being a teenager, alongside the fact that she's a robot.

Airtime: August 2003 to May 2009.

9. "Recess"

A group of fourth graders attempt to get through the struggles of bullies, teachers, and whatever problems arise for nine and ten year olds.

Airtime: August 1997 to November 2001.

10. "Rocket Power"

A group consisting of four friends spends their time getting into whatever physically demanding activity they can.

Airtime: August 1999 to July 2004.

11. "Rugrats"

A group of toddlers deal with parents, older kids and other troublesome situations together. This show precedes the newer show, "Rugrats All Grown Up."

Airtime: August 1991 to August 2004.

12. "The Wild Thornberries"

A family lives in wildlife areas due to the parents' job. The protagonist, Eliza, is able to communicate with animals.

Airtime: September 1998 to June 2004.

13. "Ed, Edd n Eddy"

Three friends with similar names yet differing personalities work together to get through their preteen years.

Airtime: January 1999 to November 2009.

14. "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo"

Following "Scooby-Doo" this show is the cast but as children, still friends and getting into scary situations.

Airtime: September 1988 to August 1991.

15. "ChalkZone"

A fifth-grader who loves to draw discovers a piece of chalk that allows him to go to a place named ChalkZone, which is where anything that's been drawn in chalk then erased turns into something alive.

Airtime: March 2002 to August 2008.

16. "Caillou"

A young boy who has an ample amount of temper-tantrums has to learn that life won't always go his way.

Airtime: September 1997 to October 2010.

17. "Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends"

Imaginary friends take tangible form among humans, forming valuable relationships.

Airtime: August 2004 to May 2009.

18. "Dave the Barbarian"

During the middle ages, a barbarian named Dave, and his family attempt to protect the kingdom.

Airtime: January 2004 to January 2005.

19. "Codename: Kids Next Door"

A group of kid spies fight against the evil forces of life.

Airtime: December 2002 to January 2008.

20. "Totally Spies!"

Three teenage girls live double lives as both spies and teens.

Airtime: November 2001 to August 2007; Reboot in September 2013.

21. "Danny Phantom"

A teenage boy accidentally turns himself into a half ghost, but then uses it to help evil forces.

Airtime: April 2004 to August 2007.

22. "Jimmy Neutron"

A child genius explores the depths of science and the advantages it can have in his normal life.

Airtime: July 2002 to November 2006.

23. "Fairly Oddparents"

A neglected child receives two fairy godparents who assist him in life and grant his wishes.

Airtime: March 2001 to July 2017.

24. "Dora the Explorer"

An educational show where a young Latina girl embarks on various journeys using help along the way.

Airtime: August 2000 to July 2014.

25. "The Proud Family"

A teenage girl struggles to get through high school problems with the help of her rather large, but peculiar family.

Airtime: September 2001 to August 2005.

26. "The Powerpuff Girls"

A professor creates three girls who have extraordinary superpowers, and use them to fight evil.

Airtime: November 1998 to March 2005.

27. "SpongeBob SquarePants"

An optimistic sponge lives under the sea whose life consists of working and getting into sticky situations.

Airtime: May 1999 to present.

28. "Avatar: The Last Airbender"

An avatar reincarnates and befriends a girl and her older brother to help combat the hardships and evil of this ancient time period.

Airtime: February 2005 to July 2008.

29. "Samurai Jack"

A samurai named Jack attempts to defeat an evil force, Aku, who is conquering the land.

Airtime: August 2001 to September 2004.

30. "Kim Possible"

A high school student, Kim, fights crime with her sidekick.

Airtime: June 2002 to September 2007.

Some of these had better morals than others, but they all had some aspect of entertaining young 90s kids.