June 2018 is Pride Month, a month of celebration and overall happiness for all those in the LGBTQ community. So today I wanted to make a list of shows that involve a coming out story or scene in order to continue to raise awareness. When I say raise awareness, it means I would like for everyone to keep an open mind of the many forms of love there is.
Love and sexuality are things you should never tell someone how to do. Coming out is one of the hardest things to do as an individual. There is fear, confusion, and unsureness. Some stories never get told, some get told by the wrong person. Your sexuality is yours to own and no one else's.
Some of these shows may involve more than one character who comes out, so not all characters are listed.
1. Faking It: Amy.
2. Riverdale: Cheryl Blossom, Toni Topaz, and Kevin Keller.
3. Dear White People: Lionel Higgins.
4. Glee: Santana Lopez, Blaine, and Kurt Hummel.
5. Degrassi: Marco.
7. The Fosters: Jude Foster.
8. Pretty Little Liars: Emily Fields and Alison DiLaurentis.
9. Gossip Girl: Eric van der Woodsen.
10. Shameless: Mickey Milkovich.
11. The Carrie Diaries: Walt Reynolds.
12. Grey's Anatomy: Callie Torres.
13. Shadowhunters: Alec Lightwood.
14. Dawson's Creek: Jack McPhee
15.The Office: Oscar Martinez.
Feel free to search these scene and tv shows to see how the characters handled this stepping stone. Come out when you are ready, you should never let the pressure of others make you come out. Your sexuality is yours, own it.