If You Missed Your Local Protest, Here Are 4 Easy Actions To Take To Show Your Support For The Black Lives Movement

Don't worry, you can still show your support.

45
Photo by Perry Grone on Unsplash

Like many, I was unable to attend the protest held today in the town next to me, Brentwood. My parents are still very wary of the dangers of COVID-19 and would not let me be around so many people, even if I had my mask on.

As much as I wanted to go outside and show my support, I couldn't, so, here are ways I showed and other people can show their support towards the black lives matter movement:

Text

Photo by Tim Mossholder on Unsplash

If you can text back your friend, you can do this, here are some numbers:

Text "JUSTICE" to 668366

Text "FLOYD" to 55156

Text "ENOUGH" to 55156

Educate yourself

Photo by Priscilla Du Preez on Unsplash

Black Lives Matter is a movement, not a trend, so it's up to you to educate yourself and keep yourself up to date to gain a better understanding so you can keep on protecting black lives. Here are some books that are written by Black Activists:

Are Prisons Obsolete? -Angela Y. Davis

Black Feminist Thought- Patricia Hill Collins

To Die for the People- Huey P. Newton

The Wretched of the Earth- Frantz Fanon