Why You Should See A Quiet Place

Why You Should See A Quiet Place

Even if you don't like horror movies
956

I'm going to do my best to write this without spoilers. And if you're a person who already wanted to see this movie, then you shouldn't read this. It's much better to go in with little information and base your experience off of your experience alone, and not reviews or articles. But if you're just curious or on the edge of deciding whether or not to it, read on!

Yes, it was a horror movie, but the gore was very limited and the little gore in the movie was necessary and didn't seem excessive. So if that's something holding you back don't worry about it. The horror in this movie was all suspense, something that would keep you on the edge of your seat the entire time.

This movie wasn't just about the horror aspect (I'm not going to tell you what the horror aspect was because that would be a huge spoiler and you might already know what it is from commercials) it was about love, family, forgiveness, guilt, being a parent, and being a child. It was about fear and protection and what lengths you go to for your family. It was relatable and the story it told was more than about monsters or a serial killer with a chainsaw.

John Krasinski, an actor you might know as Jim from The Office, wrote, directed, and stared in A Quiet Place. While he practically cast himself, and his wife Emily Blunt cast herself as his wife in the film, I honestly cannot think of another pair of actors who could bring this story to life the same way Krasinski and Blunt did.

The part that stood out the most to me, as, far as casting goes, was Krasinski. His expressive puppy dog eyes gave him a specific disposition. With everything Krasinkski did on screen it was never unclear that it was with kindness, compassion, and love. This was not a character hardened by the world, not at least in the cliche sense.

The children cast in this film are great, and not at all the bad child actors we've come to know in other movies. The plot included the children too, they weren't just background characters they had their own plots that intersected with the parents. Basically what I'm trying to say is- it was a multifaceted movie with multifaceted characters.

It wasn't predictable at all. I truly had no idea what to expect. This goes back to the suspense aspect of this movie, but also just the great writing and filmography.

I really recommend you see it and if you can see it in theaters. Watching what was essentially a silent film and knowing that you were sitting in a quiet movie theater and that everyone just as into the film as you was pretty awesome.

This brings me to a piece of advice. Don't bring snacks into the movie. A Quiet Place is a very quiet film, if you could not gather that from the title, and crinkling or slurping will make everyone around you very annoyed. Yes, I'm speaking from personal experience.