Why Cats Are The Best Pets

Why Cats Are The Best Pets

Are you a cat or a dog person?

95
Why Cats Are The Best Pets
Kaitlin Vachon

Growing up, I always felt that more people had dogs than cats. The reason is unknown but I personally think cats are better in many ways.

The reason I love cats is that they're so tiny and cuddly. It's much easier to share your bed with a cat rather than a dog. Dogs are just bed hogs and take up more than half of a bed, leaving the owner no place to sleep. For cats though, if they take up too much space you just pick them up and move them.

Having a cat goes like this: Oh, you're where my butt belongs, so I'm just going to pick them up and move them. After moving them you can move them back so they don't wake up. It would be a challenge to do all that with a dog.

Something else that works for my family is not having to find someone or someplace to watch them if we go out of town. They're litter trained and know to not eat all the food because it has to last several days. Yet again, for a dog, you can't do that. They have to be let out to go to the bathroom, they eat all their food, try to run away when let out.

Cats, in general, don't take up really any space — I have four and they don't do much. They'll sleep wherever they are allowed, won't beg to get up on a bed/couch, don't whine constantly or at least mine don't. Also, they're fun to have to around. Sometimes they so get in the way, but you just push them away and they usually stay away.

Sometimes they may be very annoying, but most of the time they're pretty decent animals to live with! They also make a great foot warmer during the cold months. Maybe if they snore loud enough you may have a vibrating foot warmer! Probably one of the best things about cats would be they don't eat all the food that is left out by accident! They're very picky eaters and only eat select brands.

If I'm sick or not feeling well, my cats will come lay next to me so they know I'm OK. If someone else is home and you're sick, they may go get another person for you so you don't have to do much.

Cats are very intelligent animals and would do anything for their owners. They'll sleep, cuddle, let you know when they want food by finding you. Yes, I sometimes hide from them because I don't feel like feedings them and they really don't do anything all day — they're constantly napping.

Cats are honestly just the perfect animals and everyone needs to realize how kind, loving and compassionate they really are. They get along with humans and other animals (sometimes they don't but not usually.) If they can't get along with others it sometimes means they had no attention in their last home they lived in. Now, are you ready to go get a cat?!