Why Should I Even Vote?
Politics

Why Should I Even Vote?

Trump or Clinton?

2
Why Should I Even Vote?
Business Insider

Honestly, with the entire constant talk about who our new presidential candidate will be, I don’t even care anymore about who wins. It’s sad to say this because in a perfect reality, there should be a true economist running for office that can fully understand what exactly the American population needs to sustain livelihood and coexistence.

Watching Trump and Hilary is like watching a reality TV show with anything they do. What makes either of them qualified to do these tasks? I understand they have people working under them. Though without an understanding of these topics, how can we know for sure if they can make the hard decisions? Things like knowing if we can go to war? Tax increases? Any kind of policy? As an American citizen who does not like to turn on the TV anymore to watch the news and presidential debates, how am I suppose to pick a candidate to be my president due to the lack of professionalism throughout both campaigns? Those who might question my judgment because I don’t watch much TV, I see everything on social media. Nothing goes unnoticed.

I decided to do some research and find a valid source. It took me about 45 minutes to find out everything I needed to know. When searching to find more clear-cut details about both candidates, I found a side-by-side comparison to find what exactly these candidates stand for. Everything was laid out on this link. I learned more about these candidates in 20 minutes of reading than in a years worth of social media clips of speeches. Let’s be honest though, how original are their ideologies? I want to hear directly from the source about what they stand for. I don’t want to hear words directly from a prompter. That’s something I do commend Trump for is speaking for himself (which is not much to commend for). Sometimes it gets him into trouble, but he does have that one thing going for him. The media is to blame for misconstruing words of both candidates, which is something most can agree on. So in conclusion, we as people deserve facts and not exaggerated stories from social media.

As American citizens, we do have a responsibility. Our responsibility is to be educated for the greater good. Before things actually get down to the, “nitty gritty,” when it comes down to two candidates at election time, do research on your own based off of facts and qualifications. The media is also responsible as well! Hold the media accountable. One thing that the media does well to people is alter their perception. Believe it or not, the media is biased, and they shouldn’t be the ones responsible for providing the full truth. We have the opportunity and privilege to vote, which is something most people in other countries do not have the opportunity to do. If we lived in another country, I guarantee people would not be so quick on making a decision. Maybe America is the greatest country in the world, but the people are not? Maybe making America great again starts with core values at home? Maybe I’m blowing smoke, but at least I can say I educated myself.