How I Shop Small In North Carolina

How I Shop Small In North Carolina

Find the newest additions to your summer wardrobe while supporting NC born small businesses.

47
How I Shop Small In North Carolina

Shopping small boutiques and clothing stores is a great thing to do for your community. You’ll help create jobs in the community, your tax dollars will stay local, and chances are, small boutiques will offer more unique, local products as well. I hope to introduce you to a few of my favorite local boutiques and NC born small businesses across the state that I visited in order to stock up on my summer wardrobe. All of these shops offer online ordering, so I’ve linked a few of my favorite items that you should totally check out.

The Foxy Flamingo Boutique

Nags Head, NC

Website:https://foxyflamingoboutique.com
Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/foxyflamingoboutique/

This coastal shop was started by a mother and daughter duo, who hoped to offer affordable, cute fashions for every girl’s style from preppy to bohemian and everything in between. The shop caters to the various styles of tourists that vacation in the Outer Banks as well as to the local ladies who want to keep their coastal chic all year long. Their motto is truly fitting! "Foxy Flamingo Boutique, Where Everything is Fun, Sassy and Chic."

I first discovered this shop when I visited the Outer Banks for spring break, and I bought a lot of cute tops and dresses. I linked a few of the items I purchased that are still available online but I encourage you to shop around and explore!

Photo: Foxy Flamingo

Photo: Foxy Flamingo

Vestique

Started in Raleigh, NC

Website:https://www.vestique.com
Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/vestique/

Business is booming for this boutique started by two college friends who are proud North Carolina State University Alumni. The two have always had an obsession with fashion and style but quickly decided that going into the corporate American fashion system just wasn’t for them. On a leap of faith, they opened up Vestique as an online boutique and filled orders out of their bedrooms. As demand grew, they opened up their own storefront and now have 7 locations in various states. The owners remain intricately involved in their business and remain passionate about providing their customers with chic clothes and excellent customer service.

I just visited the Crabtree Mall location on Saturday and fell in love with their new summer shipment. Here are my picks!

Photo: Vestique, Isle of Palms Maxi

Photo: Vestique, Shem Creek Romper

This romper looks good from any angle! I bought this one!

Photo: Vestique

Beaufort Linen Company

Beaufort, NC
Website:https://beaufortlinen.com
Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/beaufort_linen_company/

This classy NC dockside shop has everything you need for summer from cover ups to dressed and more! I had such a great time when I visited and bought way too many clothes, but none the less, I was set for summer. Items sell out quickly on this website so hurry over and check them out! I included some of my favorites below.

Photo: Beaufort Linen Company

Photo: Beaufort Linen Company

Photo: Beaufort Linen Company

Hope you all check out these awesome shops and find the perfect addition to your closet!