10 Must-Have Pairs Of Shoes
popular

10 Pairs Of Shoes Every Basic College Girl Better Have Chilling In Her Closet

Just trying to let you know ahead of time.

10554

Starting college is a daunting time. You have no idea what to expect. For girls, it can be even more difficult as social groups can be formed around just the shirt you are wearing or what color your hair is (not kidding). One of my biggest live and learn moments from college so far has been shoes.

You can't just have one pair and go with it. Below are my top 10 must-have shoes for any college girl, because trust me, you'll need them.

1. Vans and/or Converse

Fashion Footwear Sneakers Vans Shoes

MaxPixel

Black, grey, white. Slip on or tie. These shoes are a staple for everyday outfits to going out to the bars. They are comfortable, but can also spice up an outfit or make an outfit more casual. Whatever the reason, you'll need these just to get past your day one cute outfit.

2. Cute sneakers/tennis/gym shoes

For your athleisure outfit that you will end up wearing almost every day, you need a pair of shoes that don't smell like you were just at the gym. Having a pair of sm'exy sneakers will boost your look, and also make you look like you maybe work out a lot more than you probably will in college.

3. Workout sneakers/tennis/gym shoes

Oh yeah, you need proper work out shoes. OK, maybe not the ones above, but you need shoes that are specifically for working out. These can be Nike or Adidas, but they need to be built for running and lifting, not just for style. These are the shoes that can smell bad.

4. Crocs

When you are stumbling at 2 a.m. in your room to find some shoes and then realize you need to slip on some shoes with laces or get your toes through the right loop in your flip flops, you'll be thanking me when you go and purchase your crocs. They are a must have and are the most comfortable things I have ever owned in my entire life.

5. Nude heels

Just your basic nude heels. The first time they tell you an event is business casual, you'll be scrambling. Just come prepared with your little nude heels, and know that anything can go with them.

6. Black heels

Slippers Shoes Black High Heels Women Footwear

MaxPixel

Same as the nude heels, black goes with everything. But it's nice to have both because the color of shoes can really change the vibe of an outfit.

7. Flats

Your feet will be tired of heels at some point. ALWAYS keep a pair of black flats in your bag no matter the case. I would maybe get ones that have little to no design on them, just so that they always go with whatever outfit you have on.

8. Sandals

PxHere

These can be cute sandals, Birkenstocks, simple flip-flop types. Anything that can let your feet breath especially during the hotter months of the year. You'll also need these for dates and just quickly going places. They look cute with almost anything.

9. Booties

Pixnio

Small boots that have a heel to them can really do any winter outfit justice. I prefer brown ones, but black ones can work just as well. Your toes will thank you for any formals you have in the winter.

10. Boots

Boots Hiking Shoes Mountaineering Shoes Leather

MaxPixel

Hiking boots, UGGs, winter boots, Timberlands... any type of boot works. Just have boots that you are going to be able to walk through snow with (that is if you are at a college that gets snow).