10 Reasons Shih Tzus Are The Best Dogs Out There

10 Reasons Shih Tzus Are Scientifically Proven To Be The Best Kind Of Dogs

You cannot just look at them and not smile.

21
Instagram.com/thereallilycooper

The Shih Tzu is a precious dog known for their small size, lovable charm, and happy demeanor. When you look at a little pup, you have to smile and want to hold them. No other dog can amount to the adorableness of the Shih Tzu and here are 10 reasons to convince you.

They are tiny little fur-balls.

TheRealLilyCooper

Whether they are long-haired or short, these little pups will melt your heart with their little puffs of hair.

They are lay-in-your-lap kind of dogs.

TheRealLilyCooper

Do you enjoy having a cuddle buddy as you watch a movie or work? Do you want someone to love on you when you are feeling down? Shih Tzus are lovable creatures who love to be around you. Whether it's going for a walk or cuddling on the couch, they will find joy in it all.

They are trusting animals.

TheRealLilyCooper

While they may bark when someone rings the doorbell or knocks, they will quickly run up and and love on whoever walks through the door due to their trusting nature.

They like to be dressed up.

TheRealLilyCooper

OK, this may be a stretch. It honestly depends on the dog, but they just look so cute in little hats and bowties.

They stay small.

TheRealLilyCooper

Shih Tzus are small creatures and don't get too much bigger as they get older which is nice if you are looking for a small dog. Perfect for rides in the car, stroller rides, and holding them in your arms.

Most don't shed.

TheRealLilyCooper

While some Shih Tzus do shed, most don't, and if they do, it's not on a large scale. Which is perfect if you don't like having dog hair all over your body and furniture.

Loves to be spoiled.

TheRealLilyCooper

They have no problems with begging for an extra treat or letting you know when they are hungry. And we are all too willing to oblige and love on them. It's a win-win situation.

Follows you around everywhere.

TheRealLilyCooper

They can't go five minutes without you. If you go upstairs, they go upstairs, and if you lay on the couch, they want on the couch too. They love you and want to spend as much time with you as possible. How can you not love that?

They are sassy.

TheRealLilyCooper

The Shih Tzu is a lovable creature, but also carries a lot of sass with them. They like order and routines and if you deviate from that they won't hold back on how they feel. You will never be bored with them and always have a good laugh.

They are playful.

TheRealLilyCooper

While they aren't the most intelligent dogs, they make up for that in their creativity. They will make up games with you and chase the ball around for a while, without getting winded.