Thank You Shawn Mendes For Writing A BOP Summer Album

10/10 for sure.

31
Instagram

The first time I heard Shawn Mendes live was when he opened for Taylor Swift in Chicago summer of 2015. Not going to lie, I was a little disappointed with his live performance (given his career was still pretty recent). Shawn initially attracted fame from his Vine videos before he was signed by Island Records in 2014.

However, since then he has progressed as an artist and continued to release hit after hit. His latest album release, "Shawn Mendes" comes out in perfect timing for the summer. And let me tell you, I am astonished at how amazing it is!

The songs offer such a variety in my opinion, and not only are the beats a bop, but his lyrics are genuine, raw, and beautiful. I feel like each song tells its own story yet it feels completely relatable.

My personal faves would have to be "Perfectly Wrong", "In My Blood", "Nervous", and "Youth" featuring Khalid.

If you don't feel emotional after listening to this album, your heart must be two sizes too small like the Grinch. Yikes!

But seriously, if you enjoy acoustic vibes, soulful lyrics, and chill music then you definitely have to give this album a chance. This album might even give Ed Sheeran a run for his money... dare I say?!?!!!

And if you want to take it a step further and hear this rockin' heartthrob live, check out his tour dates here. His latest hit "In My Blood" is sure to not disappoint.

So thank you, Shawn, for sharing your heart with us as well as your passion. Our ears will continue to thank you as we listen this summer.