6 'Shameless' Characters Who Need To Return

They can only come back in the most dramatic fashion.

444
David Burgess

"Shameless" is a show with an all-star cast. After Episode 1, we find ourselves speaking about them like they're real people and are happily keeping up with their chaos. No matter how outrageous the characters can be, that only makes us love them more. The only thing that can get them on our bad side is when they leave the show.

Sure, Fiona, Frank, Lip and the gang are great, but other characters have plots and characteristics that really added to the quality of the show. When they leave, all we can hope for is their return in the most dramatic fashion. It's happened before, and it can again. Here are 6 fan-favorites that need to come back to the show:

6. Mandy

She was rough around the edges, but there was something about her that was so loveable. Her failed relationship with Lip was crushing, but her abusive relationship with Kenyatta was even worse. She's simply a character who deserved better. She's worth bringing back to see just that.

5. Jody

Not the sharpest tool in the shed, but you can't deny how entertaining of a character he was. Something about his character was quite charming. His plots were unusual, with sleeping with Sheila and moving to Arizona with Hymie. We have to see how Arizona changed him.

4. Ethel

This girl added diversity to the show, coming from a marriage in which her husband had four other wives. That wouldn't be as crazy, considering the show is titled "Shameless," if she was of legal age. She really shocked us when she ran away with Malik and their respective children.

3. Sheila

She was a rare gem on the show. She feared to leave her home for episodes straight, kidnapped Hymie, and had enough experimentation in the bedroom for everybody. In a weird way, she felt like the mom of the show, as ridiculous as she sometimes was. She had close relationships with many of the Gallaghers, especially Frank which made for an odd pairing. Ultimately, she left, ditching him to see the world. She's got to come back to visit eventually, right?

2. Mickey

He deserves so much better. He sacrificed everything for Ian and the writer's left him heartbroken in Mexico. Even if he doesn't get back with Ian, we need to see what happened to him. He evolved so much as a character since Season 1 and it would honestly be cool to see what becomes of him. Besides, having a few characters travel/flee to Mexico can make for a great plot.

1. Jimmy/Steve/Jack

You either loved or hated Justin Chatwin's character, but either way, you were entertained. He has an air of mystery. Despite having good humor and seemingly trustworthy qualities, he's very engaging . He's a character who really fit perfectly in to the show. Compared to Fiona's other love interests, he was independent and didn't rely on other characters to be deemed interesting. After all of Fiona's growth in seasons without him, seeing them together again would be unpredictable.