Seven Lessons I Learned Told Through Quotes

Some of my favorite quotes you should also live by

8
@thenicolerowe

Here are my top seven quotes...

"Do not let your doubts become your limitations" - Savvy Shields

One of my favorite Miss America's said this during her reign and it has stuck with me forever as my mantra. Our only limitations are ourselves and the doubts we create.

"If you are waiting to start until when you are ready, you will be waiting the rest of your life" - Unknown

As someone who is a big "I will start Monday type of person", this resonates all too well. I stopped waiting to chase after what I wanted. If we decide to not be afraid of failure, we are given more opportunities to grow.

"Choose to be comfortable or courageous, you sure as hell cannot be both"- My cycling instructor

My cycle instructor said this the other day and it is so true! We have to fight to get out of that comfort zone. We create those comfort zones and we are strong enough to leave them.

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence"- Vince Lombardi

I am a big advocate for "perfection does not exist" but I still chase it every day for the opportunity to grow. I think it should be something we chase after but not something to be sad about if we do not succeed. No one can succeed in being perfect but we can become better versions of ourselves.

"It is never too late to be what you might have been"- George Eliot

This has been a struggle for me lately. Even though I am only 22, I feel like I missed prime years to achieve some major goals and to be successful. I have to remind myself that I can achieve any goal during any season of life if I am willing to put in an effort.

"We cant help everyone, but everyone can help someone"- Ronald Reagan

I did this year long mission trip and I came home feeling like I did not help anyone but I truly helped so many people. We can help people everyday even if we are now helping the majority. Do not downsize the work you have already done.

"When we seek to discover the best in others, we somehow bring out the best in ourselves"- William Arthur Ward

Gossip. When we gossip, we choose to see the bad in others. Life is more joyful when you cheer each other on.