7 Billion Stories...

I recently read a quote that stated "seven billion people experienced today in a different way." I have never thought about the world that way. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm definitely the girl that's always like "there's seven billion people in the world you'll find your one" or "there's plenty of fish in the sea" but I think I was just saying those things because they were cliches, I never really processed the fact that there are actually SEVEN BILLION PEOPLE on Earth but somehow I am one of them???

The quote really got my mind racing because while it seems like the number seven billion is a uncountable, outrageous number, I actually find it quite calming. Seven billion people experienced today differently than you. Think about that and reflect on your own day, was it really as bad as it seems? I'm not in any way saying that your feelings reflecting your day are not valid but it's humbling to remember to be grateful. One of the individuals out of seven billion most likely had a bad day too, you're not alone! Not only is it important to acknowledge the fact that you are not alone but also understand that each individual is experiencing each daily situation in their own way. No one will ever have the exact same "take-away" from a situation that you have so truly everyone does experience every part of their day differently than you. Next time you are having a rough day remind yourself that there are other individuals out there going through a similar, if not worse situation. Be grateful for the good things that happened today, the things that made you smile, the things that made you turn your head, all of it because someone all away across the world could be starving, helpless for a meal, while your having a pity party about how you failed your test, etc.

I get it, it sucks and its extremely stressful, especially in college but is it really worth ruining your day over while someone else could be in a hospital bed or even worse. You have to look at the bright side, especially in today's society. Many individuals are becoming hopeless about the world's negativity - including myself. All of the bad days, or bad news can start to over power an individual but instances like this help me remember that I live a very good life and I am grateful that I am able to be able to accomplish that with all of the other terrible things going on in the world. I encourage you to reflect on your own days and remind yourself that everything isn't always as bad as it seems and that someone else is probably experiencing something completely worse. When I have had a horrible day I make myself come up with 10 good things that happened during all of the commotion...

Think of that and remember to be grateful, to thank your friends and professors for always helping, remember to thank your families for always being there and taking care of you, be thankful that you even have the opportunity to live on this beautiful planet so that one day you can change the world. ALWAYS look at the bigger picture - not only will it help you but it will lead you to a better understanding of the world that surrounds you and the reality of that world because whether we want it to or not, everyday isn't always going to be a good day and as a community/society/campus/family/world we need to give positivity - strengthening our communities while supporting others will bring tremendous change!