Steps After College

I'm A Rising College Senior With No Plans After Graduation Yet, But I'm Not Worried

It's okay not knowing what to do because everything will work out.

289
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bine8LsgDNe/?taken-by=lindsmenting
@lindsmenting/Instagram

I just recently finished my junior year of college. Since I was a little girl, I knew I wanted to go into the medical field, but when I got to college I realized that that's not what I wanted. I changed my major to special education because that was my passion, and when I got into the classes for this major, I realized this is what I needed to be doing all along.

When I started learning about education and how to help students reach their full potential, I never felt any better. My passion came to life and my creativity blossomed. But in the long run, I decided I wanted to be a speech pathologist. I wanted to help children to be able to verbally communicate with people. If they couldn't communicate verbally then I wanted to teach them ways where their voices could be heard.

As I go along and am coming to my last semester of classes, I am more confused than ever. I don't know what I want to do. Do I want to stay in education and help these students in school or do I want to help children in another way? Do I want to spend 2-3 more years in school or go ahead and join the workforce? Do I want to settle for an okay salary or go on and try to make more money?

At the time I, am so confused.

If you are a college student who is in the same position as me, at least you know that you're not alone. I have found out that many people actually go through these same situations. I know that everything will work out and it will for you too but at the moment I don't know where I'm going to go. But I am going through this slowly and methodically because this is my future. I know great things are inshore for me and they are for you. Just relax and trust the process.