Semester's End

Semester's End

A poem about the end of the fall semester.

11
Semester's End
https://www.everypixel.com/search?q=holidays&stocks_type=free&image_id=1768214202994771689

The semester drew on and on,

until the student's energy was gone.

And yet, it continued day by day

and the student knew the end was on the way.

The break came, at last

and the student got out of town, real fast.

They returned home and chopped some wood with an axe,

all so they could sit by a fire to chill and relax.

While home they enjoyed mom's cooking

and brought in gifts when no one was looking.

The holidays were celebrated with love and joy,

even by the dog, who loved her new toy.

5 Reasons to Consider a Career as a Defense Lawyer

Lawyers are supposed to be unbiased. Lawyers are trained to look at both sides of an issue and give equal weight to each side. It is meant to be their mantra, "My client is innocent until proven guilty."

38835
Career as a Defense Lawyer

Lawyers are supposed to be unbiased. Lawyers are trained to look at both sides of an issue and give equal weight to each side. It is meant to be their mantra, "My client is innocent until proven guilty." But if you're thinking about becoming a defense attorney, it's not this pretty simple. Defense lawyers argue that their clients are innocent because they don't want their actions to seem suspect in any way. They essentially say for the sake of the argument itself. If you're trying to decide whether or not becoming a defense attorney is something you would like to do, here are five reasons why it's worth considering: