10 Things You Should Sell Online Right This Minute If You're Looking For Some Quick Cash

Broke? Don't sell a kidney! Try listing these 10 things that are selling now!

1477

Spring cleaning is right around the corner! Thank goodness, because I am still living in last year’s mess. Why wait until spring?

For those of you who don’t know, I run an online resale business that focuses on clothing. However, I sell an array of whatever else I pick up at local thrift stores and yard sales. After two years of doing so, I am still learning, but have grown my tiny store of dresses I never wore into one with over 200 active listings. Some god venue options are Facebook Marketplace (or local pages), eBay, Offerup, Letgo, Poshmark, Mercari, Tradsey, Vinted, and the old reliably shady Craigslist.

Clean out your closets! Declutter your drawers! Venture into that storage space you haven’t seen in over a year, and turn your unused things into extra cash. These are the things that you should be selling right now:

1. Bathing suits

Swimwear might not seem appealing to those in freezing temperatures, but a lot of people go on cruises between February and April. Don’t wait to sell those unused swimsuits until this summer, list them now! I have personally sold three this week.

2. Jackets

It’s still winter, and it will probably remain cold for several more weeks for a good portion of the country. Jackets are still selling especially higher end brands.

3. Sweaters

Same story as before. It’s cold, and people don’t like to be cold. List the sweaters in the back of your closet for some extra mullah. Bonus points for wool, cashmere, or oversized chunky sweaters.

4. Formal dresses

If prom isn’t around the corner, then there’s always pageants, winter formals, military balls, and cocktail parties. After holding on to my prom dress for four years too long, it sold within days of listing last week. Let go, and buy yourself a nice bottle of wine with your earnings.

5. Jeans

Jeans can sometimes be a tough sell. However, if you have brands like Miss Me or Rock Revival that you no longer wear, you could have a quick seller! Got holes? No problem! Just be sure to describe any wear in your description.

6. Electronics

Here we’ll turn away from the clothing items for a while. Do you have an old graphing calculator you no longer use? School electronics often sell very quickly for me, often with a high-profit margin. Digital baby monitors, TV remotes, digital camera, gaming systems, even chargers!

7. Toys

When I graduated High School there were a few childhood momentums I held onto, as most people do. However, after a few years, I decided they really weren’t worth the space they were taking up. Sell your retro (or new) toys. Even some plush stuffed animals sell well, like Build-a-Bear.

Spoiler alert Beanie babies are not worth anything. Don’t even try. If one more new seller asks about the worth of their TY’s, seasoned resellers all over the world will spontaneously combust.

8. Crafts or handmade goods

Are you amazing at crafting? Do you crochet? Knit? Draw? There’s something for everyone out there! There are websites in which people can hire you to draw tattoo designs for them. Etsy is a wonderful place to sell your handmade goods. If you’re an amazing baker, post to your local Facebook trading pages and offer home cooked meals delivered. It may be weird, but it works!

9. DVDs and CDs

Most DVDs and CDs won’t turn a huge profit, but every little bit adds up. Make sure each of them work thoroughly, and list! I sell both very frequently.

10. Books

I hate to break it to you, college freshmen, but you will never sell your class textbooks for any amount near what you paid. But, selling them for a little bit is better than letting them collect dust underneath your desk. You can also sell your fiction and non school books online.

These are just the beginnings of what you can sell online. Though not everything sells, many things do, including odds and ends. As they say, one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. Broke? Don’t sell a kidney! Instead, give it a go and try listing these things online.