Seeing Halsey In Concert Is A MUST

Seeing Halsey In Concert Is A MUST

Witnessing a Queen in her Kingdom was a blessing

16
Seeing Halsey In Concert Is A MUST
Maeghan Silizar

The 23-year-old Halsey, born Ashley Nicolette Frangipane, is and has been a rising STAR. And I don't see her stopping anytime soon. This queen sold out her WHOLE TOUR of Hopeless Kingdom Fountain. & There is no mistaking why...

AND SO IT BEGINS: As the clock struck 9:00 pm in Rogers, Arkansas, the lights went down and the stage, with a white curtain covering it all, lit up bright red. And suddenly, a white light appears and shows her at the top of the stage as she starts to sing, "Eyes Closed," a song off of Hopeless Fountain Kingdom (HFK). As she finished the intro to the song the curtain drops and there she is, beauty and all. She performs the song and the crowd goes wild and doesn't stop there.

Halsey performing Eyes ClosedPersonal Photo by Maeghan Siliezar

She started off the concert with a song from the new album but right after, she took it back to her first debut album "Badlands" with a performance of two of the hits "Hurricane" and "Castle." All of the OG Halsey fans, of course, are going wild and singing along to every word. She then takes a quick wardrobe change to switch out of this beautiful white outfit with a veil and into a very rad HFK jersey as she switched it back to the HFK album while she sang and danced to "Lie" & "Don't Play." She also gets into one of her biggest hits she did with Lauren Jauregui of Fifth Harmony titled "Strangers." This song is a huge hit for the LGBT community, that Halsey is a part of and a huge advocate for.

AN HONEST HUMAN BEING IS THE BEST: After some hard-hitting bangers being sung, she takes the time to really talk with the crowd. Talking about how seeing how hot the weather was going to be, she decided she wanted to come out and perform without makeup on. She told the crowd about how she has never done this until now but she is so grateful to feel accepted by all of her fans regardless of having makeup on or not. She shows her gratefulness strongly and then asks how many of the fans are familiar with an album called Badlands. & with the great response, she then goes into performing her big hit off of that album, "Colors."

Halsey performing ColorsPersonal Photo by Maeghan Siliezar

HALSEY HAS JOKES: She made a joke that she herself could not stop laughing at when she talks about how its funny that she goes around the stage in her Doc Martens stomping around and getting in everyone's faces like she will cut they head off... or "cut your..." which was a little jab to her verse in her collab with ex-boyfriend G-Eazy on their song "Him & I" where he says "ever catch me cheating she would try to cut my" and she giggles. After that heartbreak, it is good to see her make little jokes to laugh off.

OPENING HER HEART AND BEING REAL WITH US: After this little time of her talking, she does to a slow rendition of "Closer," the song in which skyrocketed her fame when she collaborated with The Chainsmokers. It was a beautiful breakdown of that song. After that, she thanked the audience and fans for allowing her to be a part of their lives in any time they have played her music to get through things or to enjoy times or whatever else they have experienced. She then talked to the audience about how since we have allowed her into our lives, she lets us into her life with the next song as she performs "Sorry." This song is the song she broke down crying during after her first performance of it post break up from G-Eazy. It was very powerful and touched the hearts of everyone still, myself included.

Halsey performing Now or NeverPersonal Photo by Maeghan Siliezar

WE GOTTA END IT? She then stepped up the pace and bopped out many of her other hits like "Alone," "Walls Could Talk," "New Americana," "Control," & "Now or Never." This girl put on one HELL of a show. But before you say to yourself.. wait, she didn't perform her biggest hit right now "Bad At Love?" Don't worry, she did. She came out for that encore and killed it with a few songs actually. Ending the concert with Bad At Love.

Halsey Performinginstagram of Halsey

FINAL THOUGHTS: 12/10 recommend seeing this beautiful queen in concert at some point in your life! I have been to 70+ concerts in my 23 1/2 years of being on this planet and I can CONFIDENTLY say she has made it in the top 5 performances I wish I could relive again and again.