Society Needs To See Love, Not Just Hatred

Love is actually all around.

10
ytimg.com

I once heard an amazing quote that changed the way I saw the world. It was simple and didn't come from any politician but from a movie. This movie pointed out love in the world and that it actually all around us. We only see hate these days. We don't remember the hugs from our grandparents when we arrived at their house. We tend to forget the unification of two families. All we see is hatred.

....Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world,
I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport.
General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed,
but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere.
Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy,
but it's always there - fathers and sons,
mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends.
When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know,
none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love.
If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... love actually is all around...
-"Love, Actually"

Yes, hatred is something we need to talk about but we need to stop only seeing it. Everyone is so quick to point out the evils of the world. It's easy to jump online, like some celebrities do, and only point out how there is evil in the world. We get distracted by the hate on the TV and everyone around us reminding us that there is hate, therefore we will only see hate.

From what I know about hatred is that there is only one way to fight hatred and that is with love. Love unifies hate separates. When hate fights to win it is then we draw that much closer to the ones we love. Why? I believe it is because we see love much more clearly and often look past it.

Think of a hard time in your life, ones that left you heart broken. What did you do? You reached out for love. We needed to be reminded that love wins more than it loses. We need to see love more. We can sit down and discuss all the problems of the world for days upon days but that is just it. You just discuss and while you are discussing more and more people are being hurt by hatred and could use a hug. People who are being hurt by another person's sin could use feeling loved.

When was the last time someone told you that they loved you? Did you post about it on Facebook, Twitter, or any form of social media? Did you talk about it the same way you did when an article on hate came out? We as humans talk about hate more because it takes more time to process. We need to understand why someone would choose to hurt others. We just can't conceivably comprehend why someone would choose to hurt someone else. We think this way because we can't process the lack of love. We are missing a crucial part of human nature and that is why we need to see love more.

We need to see love more when we are with our families. We need to see love more everyone in the world. There is more love than hate in the world and I think it is time to just see love, not just hate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAD2_MVMUlE