Secure Computer Peripherals And Cut Costs

Security of cable adapters pays off in the long run

76
Computer Peripherals

In a company, there is the IT department that is responsible for ensuring that the computer devices in the organizations have computer peripheral devices that are in good condition. Now, in cases where new computer peripheral devices are needed, or where the devices are broken and need replacement, the IT manager has to work with the finance department to schedule an order to purchase the required number of items.

As an IT manager, there are policies that are supposed to be in place to ensure a seamless procedure of replacing computer accessories in case some get stolen, damaged or unaccounted for. If subsequent requests are transferred to the IT manager who again forwards to the operational manager of items that are often replaced, it may bring an issue on various grounds: usage, the people responsible, and the cause of frequent replacement.

Replacing these peripheral devices at a frequent basis will require some money, and as an IT manager, you have to be cautious of the replacement costs, and preventative measures you can implement to ensure that your organization does not spend more money on replacing computer accessories. So, how can you avoid continuous replacement of computer peripheral devices every time?

The answer is the use of secure tethering devices that hold the peripherals in place, reducing the risk of damage, burglary. This is a notable investment that IT professionals have started to appreciate; and the best part is that the cost of using a tethering devices is a small fraction of the replacement cost of the computer accessory. The use of tethering devices helps to reduce the overall expenditure on computer peripheral devices.

How tethering devices reduce the cost of operational expenses

As a company, you might be replacing computer peripherals like HDMI and VGA cables on a frequent basis. Monthly expenses of approximately $100 can be spent on these devices. If you project on a yearly basis, the company can be spending about $1,200 on computer peripheral devices.

When you introduce tethering devices, you will have reduced the replacement costs of these devices by up to 75%, which can save your company a lot of money. To ensure that you keep these expenditures at a low, ensure that you purchase high-quality tethering device that can serve to prevent any loss of HDMI or VGA cables to name a few.

If you use TetherTies products, one TetherTie goes for about $4.00, and it can help you safeguard your computer accessories. Several companies and universities are using TetherTies to secure their computer peripherals.

If you can compare the replacement costs of an organization with the amount of money saves after installation of TetherTies in a company, you can easily see how much your company will be saving with a worthwhile investment.

Once TetherTies are in place, the staff can focus on their productivity without concerning themselves with the safety of their computer peripheral devices.