Second College Families Are The Best
Friendships

You Always Have A Second Family

And let's be honest, sometimes they're better than our actual family.

106
You Always Have A Second Family
Sierra Zinke

Okay, so we have all had if not still have that one person we consider our best friend. The one who you spend all your free time with, whether you were childhood best friends, high school sisters and or even that best friend you met in college. Especially when you go to school far away from your hometown, your parents and your support system.

These friends become your support system and your second family.

And sometimes, even their family becomes family and always want to see you succeed.

That can honestly be some of the best people and can give you some of the best feelings you will have. You always have a second family, whether you believe it or not.

If you are in my situation, you moved six-plus hours away from home for school (originally) but then your "home" up and moved an additional twenty-four hours away on top of that. So I was pretty much alone on the family nearby boat but not for long. Because I have an amazing second family.

My best friend, and their family.

They go out of their way to make sure another friend and myself are not alone for holidays, do whatever they can to help us when we are in need. Whether it be advice, food, laughter or just a little break. Not to mention the constant stream of support I receive, from my best friend and his entire family. They are always asking about my plans and how everything from work, to school to moving is going.

I even get text messages from his parents every now and again.

This year, we are all going down to his family's house for Easter and it is adorable how excited his parents are that they have two extra people to make smile and have plans with.

Having a friend who's family makes you their own is almost as good as the friend themselves.

My best friends are by far some of the most amazing people I have met and I am incredibly grateful to have them in my life. They are the people who I want to spend all my time with. They are the people I rely on to make me laugh when I am happy, sad or angry. They are the people I go to tell literally everything.

Even if it is as simple as I saw the cutest dog today.

Having best friends are just something that everyone needs, especially in college. You need to make sure you are able to get yourself through the rough patches and that is what they are there for.

Plus you can steal their clothes, eat their food, cuddle and watch movies, sing and dance obnoxiously and they don't care how stupid y' all look. And what can be better than that?

Best friends are the ones who make leaving for graduate school, the hardest thing to do but would kill you if you did not go. I have some amazing friends, do you?