We Deserve The Right To Bear Arms

The Right To Bear Arms Is A Right That Should Not Be Broken

An individual needs a way to protect their family in case of any danger whilst standing their ground.

591

The Second Amendment was signed into the U.S. Constitution in 1789 and was written for the purpose for citizens to have the right to bear arms. It was written for this reason so that citizens would have a way to protect themselves against a tyrannical government. Now, in today's day and age, there are talks in the house of representatives to repeal the 2nd Amendment based on the cultural climate of America, and the rest of the world.

But there are many reasons behind this legislation to have stronger background checks, stricter laws for private sellers to have licenses, and for felons do not have the right to purchase a firearm. This is all said and done, but at the end of the day, an individual has to ask him or herself a question. That question is, what is an individual going to do when the fight comes to them?

Fighting hand to hand combat won't subdue an enemy if the enemy is too large in numbers. The other hat to all of this is blaming the weapon for wreaking havoc and causing terror in a community. Weapons are inanimate objects that have no trace of life and cannot physically get up and fire a round into someone or something. The entity behind the firearm is the only way for a firearm to "come to life."

With all that is stated above, let us dive into some of the policies that are put into place today for firearm ownership. Background checks that are done by the FBI are done at an extensive level.

For example, Dicks Sporting Goods sells firearms and has a policy that is put in place to send off a background check application to the F.B.I. The F.B.I will look over the person of interest from top to bottom from criminal history such as felonies, misdemeanors, and D.U.I. These are only a few things that the F.B.I. would look for in a person to disqualify them from firearm ownership.

Now, with Congress, that is another can of worms in the sense of gun regulation. With the number of regulations that are already put into place, Congress wants to further its agenda even more. Furthering their agenda to where they are stripping away a right, a right that is a basic human right to a law-abiding citizen.

Here's a correlation for anyone that reads this article, this one has to do with the First Amendment. The first amendment was created for the right of free speech and press, but who would have foreshadowed the amount of media we have today? This, in turn, can apply to the Second Amendment because it was originally created to keep a musket. The forefathers of this country probably did not predict the amount of technology and mass media we have today. In turn, the Second Amendment is a basic human right and everyone should be able to have ownership, with proper training, of course.

The 2nd Amendment states, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."